Holiday Event 717 - Zipper

Atop a stony plateau overlooking the lands of central Idalos, and growing wealthy from the gem stones pulled from the rocky soil, Etzos is a bastion of independence; firm in its belief that man should rule Idalos, not be servants of the vain Immortals who nearly destroyed it. But can the many factions set aside their conflicting agendas and see this through?

Moderator: Maltruism

Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Office
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:16 am

HOLIDAY EVENT NOTICE
This post was provided to you because you are participating in the holiday event. In this post, you will receive your gift whether you reply to this thread or not. You are welcome to reply to the post to react to your gift if it is a new thread, and it is encouraged; however, skill points will not be awarded for this thread. There will only be one post from Saoire. As a gift, everyone that participated will receive the same knowledges as provided. You are receiving the following:

GIFT ITEMS
Sapphire snowflake pendant
Bottle of whiskey
Maiden's Kiss (drug)

Knowledges
Saoire: The Holiday Woman
Saoire: The Beauty of a Gift
Saoire: Wears Variable Holiday Crowns

The children of Etzos did not dream in the same way as children elsewhere across Idalos, Saoire always able to recognize in the landscapes of their dreams precisely when she walked within the stark dreamscapes of Etzori children.

Except for one.

Even as a child, Fiona's dreams were particularly vivid. They were not necessarily pleasant, sometimes twisted, always strange ... but vivid. Memorable. Interesting. Saoire, in fact, had never forgotten any of those that she'd visited over the arcs, even though this particular child was now a woman. And now she had the personal pleasure of revisiting Fiona, curious to see how she'd grown and changed now that she could no longer visit her dreams.

She waited until evening, when the Zi'da air was crisp and the scent of snow clung to the bitter wind to walk the same street as Zipper. Saoire was humming, gifts hugged to her chest, the tune that escaped her pretty lips one that was perhaps far too cheerful for the break and the darkness. The woman would hear her before she saw the Giver of Gifts, her humming almost in defiance of the general atmosphere that clung to the shadows of the street.

Whoever had decided upon the gifts Saoire was here to bestow obviously had some experience in the gift-giving department, though their gifts didn't come with the coy glances, innuendos, further flirtations, invitations home and hopeful, purposeful touches they felt as though they may have been accompanied by in person. Strange, but true.

Turning the corner, Saoire appeared before Zipper, turning to face her as she walked and smiled expectantly, her very presence a strange, fireside warmth of comfort and the pinecone scent of joy, "Good evening! I'm here to bestow upon you the quality of cheer for the season, even if it's only for this briefest of moments. I have gifts to give you!"

This was a strange season, and random gifts were usually more dangerous than generous across all of Etzos. Saoire lowered her arms to reveal a basket fit for picnicking with and inside was a handsome bottle of whiskey, the blue glitter of a sapphire pendant cut in the shape of a snowflake, and a small bottle that looked like it could be perfume that was labeled in a calligraphic hand "Maiden's Kiss, Arousing Tonic, "It seems as though someone has really wanted some time alone with you, and yet they were too afraid to tell you in person. What a shame. I have a feeling you'll know what to do with these even without them."

And with that, Saiore waggled her eyebrows and laughed a very distinct and strange ho, ho, ho sound, setting the basket at Zipper's feet before disappearing in a glittery whirl of gold and silver.

I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Zipper
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Professional Scowler
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:56 am

Do you know many times an Etherist had to go through a selection of inscribed qualities before they found a version of it that had not only the right concentration, distribution, and intended intensity of the qualities needed for the magical item to be, but also without any glaring flaws that would compromise the overall intergrity of the item's efficiency?

A lot. The answer was a lot. So much so that when Zipper had started making items all those arcs back, she had quickly forgone the use of pricey metal when she wanted to take the arduous task of perfecting a formula. Instead, she used whatever cheap objects she could scrounge up from her surroundings. In the orphanage, it was sticks and rags and thrown-away toys, the latter an untidy product of some misplaced sentimentality and a childish need to anthropomorphize her items. In the Etzori regulars and the Black Guard, she favoured unwanted armour and swords battered to near uselessness, a more realistic simulation to gauge effectivity.

In the Garrision here at Foster's where every sword had a consent form attached to it, she had taken to the enormous mountain of unguarded fruit that just seemed to be laying there, unwanted in crates, in one of the storeroom basements of the Garrison.

There she had created her first draft of what was to be her elemental masterpiece, a weapon of stone and wind and fire that would allow the common Foster soldier to stand in lieu of the far more powerful but far less reliable defier loons.

Now if only she could replicate it beyond the papaya she had perfected it in.

She remembered calling it a small miracle that it had taken so few tries, a gift of chance and favored odds... which was all the allowance that creature needed to swoop in and steal away her papaya, one of her pre-finalized super bananas, and a bag of almonds she had bought for Finn.... and a perfectly good basket. Her etherist's sixth sense flashed something colourful and cheery and all too bright a moment before the emean beast popped in, smiled and quipped about some holiday cheer nonsense, and popped out again. In the moments during and after, she thought an emean nightmare had found a way to hunt her in the waking world, the brief encounter a taunt to say: yes, I can come in and slay you at my leisure. Praise Kielik!

It said something about her priorities that her rage was far more pronounced and far more vocalized when she found her items missing bits later.

Now imagine her surprise as, on the very same trial itself, she walked the streets of Foster's and found that same too-colourful, too-cherry, too-bright sensation pricking at her a moment before she turned a corner and-

Found herself face-to-face with the creature.

She threw herself back with as much grace as a bull trying out for ballet, trying to put as much distant away from this creature as possible, landing in an undignified heap on her bum.

"Good evening! I'm here to bestow upon you the quality of cheer for the season, even if it's only for this briefest of moments. I have gifts to give you!"

"I. Want. My Papaya. Back." she said through gritted teeth.

"It seems as though someone has really wanted some time alone with you-"

She stood up, dusted the dirt and the frost off her bum.

"-and yet they were too afraid to tell you in person."

"My papaya, thief."

"-What a shame. I have a feeling-"

She raised her hand and the twisted pewter flare of an Ether Missile began building up in her palm.

"-you'll know what to do with these even without them-"

She fired, but all the Missile caught was a glitter shower of gold and silver on the way down the alley, punching a nice, sizzling chunk through the wall behind.

The papaya thief was gone again with a ho, ho, ho, that bloody hoe.

And she left something behind.

She walked away from all this dubious insanity, leaving the alley and the idea that she was going a little mad behind... only to return trills later to investigate the contents of the basket, her curiosity overriding whatever good sense she had. She handled the basket with the kind of care and delicacy one might use to dismantle a bear trap, expecting the creature's spawn to start pouring out any bit now. Her ether sense assusaged her that was no magical threat inside the basket.

Which didnt mean no threat at all.

After 25 agonizing bits, she finally managed to retrieve the contents of the basket and...

This was one huge bloody prank, wasn't it?

She picked up the whiskey bottle as if it was something alien and twisted and wholly out of this world... and it might as well be. Her etheric mutations prevented her from eating, let alone drinking anything anymore. She placed it on the ground and went for the perfume next, puzzled as to what it was. Her Identity ability triggered itself, finding the glass around the contents first, before pathway pushed it past to scan the properties inside the bottle-

Oh.

Hmmmmmm.

Boxcode credit: Yolande
ImageImageImage

Return to “Etzos”