Atop a stony plateau overlooking the lands of central Idalos, and growing wealthy from the gem stones pulled from the rocky soil, Etzos is a bastion of independence; firm in its belief that man should rule Idalos, not be servants of the vain Immortals who nearly destroyed it. But can the many factions set aside their conflicting agendas and see this through?
- Prophet of Old
- Posts: 1110
- Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:57 am
- Race: Mer
- Renown: 0
Holiday Event Notice
This post was provided to you because you are participating in the holiday event. In this post, you will receive your gift whether you reply to this thread or not. You are welcome to reply to the post to react to your gift if it is a new thread, and it is encouraged; however, skill points will not be awarded for this thread. There will only be one post from Saoire. As a gift, everyone that participated will receive the same knowledges as provided. You are receiving the following:
- Cavendish Deluxe
- A magical banana infused with two special abilities at two different points. The yellow skin of the banana is slippery as ice, with only the black tip of the banana easy to grip, while the tip of the fruit inside the peel is infused with a moderate electric charge that can zap someone silly like a fruity taser. The banana will last 48 days before fully losing its magic. That is, of course, assuming it hasn't rotten away by then. The banana has a tendency to issue a loud, terrified shriek when approached by monkeys, apes, or any animal with a tendency towards bananas in their diet.
- R. Stark Mark 2
- An elemental papaya wielding the powers of earth, fire, and wind. The base of the papaya is infused with the hardness of earth and issues a powerful gust of wind when used as a bludgeon. The flesh of the papaya is imbued with low-grade fire just in time to use as a snuggle log for the winter. The papaya will last 42 days before fully losing its magic. This is, of course, assuming it hasn't rotten away by then.
- A pound of almonds
- Just an ordinary bag of almonds.
- Envoy (Urumi)- 35 GN
- A regular Urumi imbued with the power of Adamantine along its edge. The Urumi will last 60 days before fully losing its magic. When running out of magical juice, the Urumi will try to 'call' to its creator, guiding its wielder over like a really pushy compass for renewal.
- Saoire: The Holiday Woman
- Saoire: The Beauty of a Gift
- Saoire: Wears Variable Holiday Crowns
This gift reaffirmed that mortals were strange. This particular gifter had additional strangeness clinging to her soul as she was a mage that had went above and beyond to make her gift unique. Saoire simply called it strange, unable to identify the uses of the strange items. When she had slipped through the gifter's room in the night to pick up the items delicately set in a tasteful basket, Saoire had held them up to see if she could isolate their use. The fruits had been imbued with magic, but she was not entirely sure what the purpose of an electric banana was.
From one area to another, Saoire disappeared and reappered with the basket. This particular Avriel had received a gift during her holiday before, and she wondered if she might find these strange items more useful than the last. Probably not; however, Saoire made the mental note not to find a magicked gift for Nightshade
next year. Apparently mages simply had a peculiar taste in gifts.
Nightshade was sleeping and stirred ever so slightly when Saoire arrived. She set the basket of goodies at her feet, fully prepared to leave without saying much. The Emean being had little explanation for these gifts. As she prepared to slip up the tree, she heard a small sound like the coo of a dove. She turned around fast, and she saw...
that old Saoire was so smart and so slick, that she thought up a lie and she thought it up quick. "...please count your sheep and go back to sleep."
Not everyone needed to meet her this eve. Once Nightshade flopped back into her bed, Saoire tickled her nose and disappeared up the chimney.
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.