• Mature • Stranger in a Strange Land (Vivian)

Lei'lira arrives in Rharne

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Chronicle, Oracle, Munchkin

Lei'lira
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Farmer
Renown: +222
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Sun May 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Lei'lira wasn't noticing a whole lot in her current tipsy state, but Teia was quick to catch Vivian's hint about slowing down. She set her drink aside in favor of watching Lei'lira finish hers. And as she did so, she happened to glance in Vivian's direction. The other woman had a lot more wine left than she did, indicating that she had been nursing it a lot slower than she herself had.

"It tastes better the more you drink." Lei'lira said in bemusement, her tone making it half statement, and half question.

"Maybe you have to get used to the way it tastes?"

When Lei'lira finished her drink, she contemplated her empty glass for a few trills. She was feeling more than a little sleepy. A nap sounded like a good idea, but she felt silly asking for one.

"I don't think I want any more right now, though. I think you have to be careful with that stuff."

The thought that the wine Vivian had given them was mild, and that there was stronger stuff available was an intimidating one. She wasn't sure she wanted to know how the stronger stuff would make her feel when the wine she had drunk was affecting her so strongly. Lei'lira was more than a little relieved when Vivian suggested she get some rest, and helped to the room she would be staying in. Between the wine she had drunk, and everything she had been through, she was dead to the world within a matter of trills.

*********************************************************************************

"Too often." Teia replied in response to Vivian's question.

Teia paused for a few trills to gather her thoughts.

"It varies. Lei'lira has...triggers. She's terrified of crowds, and of being touched unexpectedly. But she is also terrified of being alone or alone with her kids because she feels she can't defend them if they are attacked. Loud noises, sudden movements, and people she doesn't know frighten her now. So does the slightest sign of anger or violence towards her. Her worst fear by far is of men. Any and all of those things can cause her to have an anxiety attack, or to withdraw...or both, with her starting with an anxiety attack that causes her to pass out, and being unresponsive when she wakes up. Having something to focus on helps a little, and may stave off an episode if she's having a good trial, or if the trigger isn't one of her stronger ones. But if she's stressed, or anxious to begin with, her reaction to a trigger is likely to be much worse. She has nightmares every night, and if they're bad enough, she will wake up disoriented, and uncertain of where she is. That can also trigger her to withdraw."

Teia glanced at Lei'lira's room before turning back to Vivian.

"I don't believe that she is able to live on her own right now. She needs someone she trusts with her to...manage things. To deal with the people she's too afraid to talk to, or to take care of the kids when she's having a bad trial. To be her guardian, or protector essentially. She needs a quiet, stress free place where she can feel safe and begin to recover from her captivity."

Teia hesitated.

"You should also know that she is pregnant. The bandits used an herb called Saikuru to ensure that their efforts to...breed her would be successful. I think that the thought that one of the noble houses would have children with common, bandit blood running through their veins amused them. Lei'lira..."

Teia sighed.

"I think that she is trying to convince herself that they made a mistake, and that there's a chance that they didn't succeed in getting her pregnant. And I don't know how she will handle it when her pregnancy is far enough along that she begins feeling the symptoms of it." she finished pensively.
Last edited by Lei'lira on Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivian Shiryu
Approved Character
Renown: +125
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Tue May 15, 2018 11:45 pm

Vivian nodded slightly when Lei'lira mentioned that the alcohol got better the more of it you drank. "Aye, it does. You also get more resistant to it the more of it you drink." she said, before she led her cousin to bed. Then she sat and listened to Teia explain how often Lei'lira phased in and out of awareness. She let out a hum of thought at the mention of her cousin feeling defenseless. That much she could help with, though she nodded at Teia's assessment of her cousin. "You're right, of course. She's in no condition to take care of herself, much less her children on her own." she said, picking up her own glass and downing the whole thing in one long swing.

Vivian was clearly more experienced with drink than her cousin, because the glass didn't even seem to make her tipsy. "And of course she's pregnant. All of her children, those that are related to her by blood, they're all hers by the same method." she said, letting out a low growl. "Valkyr probably knew it, too, it's why she made sure it would happen again. Valkyr likes to corrupt and defile people." she said with a sigh. "Right, the only reason she should return to Rynmere is for her move out of there, I think. She should also probably make trips to the Order of Adunih, it's a healing group. Most major cities have a chapter, is my understanding. They might be able to help with the healing process. I'll help with what I can, but I'm no healer." she said, shaking her head.

"Do you need to lay down? I imagine you need your rest as well if you've been taking care of her." Vivian said, looking over at Teia. "I just finished my shift, so I'll be up for a while longer, in case she or the babies wake up, so you don't have to worry about that." she said, before smiling slightly, though there was a sad edge to it. "Thank you, for taking care of her. She's lucky to have someone to look after her when she needs it most." she said, before she picked up her and Lei'lira's glasses to go wash them.
Lei'lira
Approved Character
Profession: Farmer
Renown: +222
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Teia nodded absently at Vivian's words about Lei'lira's kids. They had talked a lot during their captivity. Talking had been a way to pass the time when they had been tied up and unable to try and look for a way to escape. It had also been a distraction, a ward against the unrelenting pain and fear that were their constant companions while they had been held captive. They had come to know each other very well during that time, so Teia was very well aware of Drayas, what he had done, ans the events leading up to Lei'lira being forced to marry him.

**********************************************************************************

Words roused Lei'lira out of an uneasy sleep that had not quite had enough time to fall into nightmares. She wasn't awake enough to make sense of everything she heard, but one word in particular caught her attention. Rynmere. She shuddered.

"Don't want to go back to Rynmere..." Lei'lira murmured sleepily.

Words continued to flow around her in a comforting, if mostly incomprehensible stream until the world faded away once more.

****************************************************************************************

Teia was well used to listening for signs that her friend was starting to slip into another one of her nightmares. As a result, she heard Lei'lira's sleepy protest, and she chuckled.

"I think Lei'lira agrees with you, Vivian." she said simply.

Teia took note of what Vivian said about the Order of Adunih so that she could talk to Lei'lira about it when she woke up. She thought it would be a good idea too, but Lei'lira was the one who would have to decide.

"Even so, I think just having someone she trusts and sees as strong will help some." she said softly.

The implication in her words was that while Lei'lira trusted her implicitly, she knew what Teia had gone through, and knew that she wasn't a whole lot stronger than Lei'lira was, no matter how strong she tried to seem. When Vivian asked her if she wanted to lay down, she hesitated. She was just as exhausted as Lei'lira was...but she had the children to consider. Before she could say she was fine, Vivian promised that she would be able to look after the children. Teia offered her a grateful smile, and thanked her before saying that she would like to sleep for a while. Once she knew where she was going to be sleeping during her stay, Teia was asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow. It was obvious that sheer will alone had been keeping her going until then.
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:23 pm

Lei'lira

Overview

Oh, poor Lei'lira. She just never gets a break! But I love her relationship with Vivian and Teia, too - you write her as traumatized very well indeed, and yet within that she's so brave. Lovely thread, it was very obvious that the two of them love each other and you both wrote that relationship beautifully.

XP: 15 (not for magic)

Renown:5

Loot

Knowledge

Caregiving: juggling three small kids isn't easy
Caregiving: young children throw fits to express their needs and feelings in the only way they know how
Cooking: beer can be used as an ingredient
Endurance: the pain of a dislocated shoulder
Linguistics: is the study of languages
Linguistics: the docks are a good place to pick up a few words in a new or unfamiliar language because so many different languages can be found spoken there
Meditation: it is impossible to meditate in a crowd
Mount; Horse: signs of a panicking horse
Mount; Horse: a panicked horse is a dangerous horse
Mount; Horse: a poorly trained horse will ignore the commands of their rider
Mount; Horse: poorly trained horses shouldn't be ridden in crowded areas
Mount; Horse: even in a panic, a well trained horse that hasn't reached the point of bolting will respond to the calming efforts of a person it trusts

Non Skill Knowledge

Lei'lira: is terrified of men
Lei'lira: likes heights
Lei'lira: understands animals better than she understands people
Lei'lira: has a very low tolerance for alcohol

Lei'luna: hates crowds as much as Lei'lira does

NPC: Pythera Venora
Pythera Venora: also called Valkyr
Pythera Venora: a noble of House Venora
Pythera Venora: used to be a Skyrider before being kicked out for violent tendencies
Pythera Venora: a cruel, violent woman
Pythera Venora: hates Vivian
Pythera Venora: likes to corrupt and defile people

Vivian: loves looking at things from high up
Vivian: wanted to be a Skyrider because of her love of heights
Vivian: hates Pythera Venora

Rharne: has good farmland
Rharne: the soldiers are rougher than the Iron Hand in Rynmere, but they are also more honest
Rharne: docks
Rharne: Dust Quarter
Rharne: elevator leading from Dust Quarter to Sky Quarter

Dust Quarter: full of run down homes that could fit right in with the ones found in Lowtown
Dust Quarter: is filthy; garbage, and sewage fill the streets
Dust Quarter: home to those who can't afford to live anywhere else
Dust Quarter: not a safe place
Dust Quarter: likely to have a lot of crime

Wine: an acquired taste
Wine: very bitter and acidic
Wine: is made out of fermented grapes
Wine: doesn't taste like grapes
Wine: the more you drink, the better tolerance you have for it

Vivian

Overview

Oh, Vivian is such a good person - and so very protective. She tries to look after everyone and to protect them from harm - she sees Lei'lira's pain almost as her own failure, somehow, when in fact she's a safe haven for Lei. Your portrayal of Vivian as caring for every single citizen of Rharne, and love for her cousin is really well done. A pleasure to read!

XP: 15 (not for magic)

Renown: No

Loot

No

Knowledge

Medicine: Using alcohol to help someone sleep
Medicine: Knowing that sometimes, all you can do to help is listen
Etiquette: Making sure your guests are cared for
Etiquette: Offering guests a drink
Animal Training: Dogs are good for helping people relax

Return to “Rharne”