• Event • Festival of the Founding: Freedom of Expression

Where do you stand?

0th of Cylus 0

A bright and joyful land on the surface, Rharne is a place that is full of mirth and mystery. With its capitol seated on the edge of Lake Lovalus, it serves as a busy trade city and tourist destination. Beyond the city lies the Stormlands, a sprawling golden countryside that is bursting with towns, farms and local wildlife.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Festival of the Founding: Freedom of Expression

The Founder's Festival:
Freedom of Expression

On the second night of Founder's Festival, disparate groups of local Troubadours take the stage at Starling Gallery for a special late night performance, flaunting their acting skill in spite of the authorities. They do so without license to perform that night, but when questioned the owner of the Starling Gallery informs them that they paid well for the spot. This is in clear violation of a curfew imposed early in Ashan against theatrical performances. During their performances, variations of the histories of the Founding of Rharne are shown and told, some borderline heretical, going as far as to depict the death of Leviana in gruesome detail, while Ilaren is shown as a unsympathetic drunkard, and villains such as Faldrun and Syroa are shown as tragically heroic.

The Lightning Knights are forced to respond to this breaking of curfew, and assemble outside of the Starling Gallery in force. The memory of the All-Taverns Tournament is fresh on everyone's mind as people fear the worst out of this group of troubadours. Red and black banners and streamers are hung up and down the street of Starling Gallery and Opera House. Suspicion is high among the populace, but many people attend performance as a lark, despite the risk of apprehension by the Lightning Knights.

Please fill the following code if you'd like to participate in this event. I'll keep sign-ups open until I start the event, around three weeks to a month after Cycle change, to give myself room to breathe. Hoping we all have fun here regardless! :)

Code: Select all

[b]Where does your character come into this scenario?:[/b]  On the stage with the troubadours, in the audience, in the street, or with the Lightning Knights and authorities.
[b]What is your PC's favorite animal  (can be a specific animal or species/type):[/b]
[b]What kind of music if any does your PC enjoy:[/b]
[b]Tell me in a few short sentences what your PC's stance on the freedom of expression is:[/b]
[b]Devil, Demon, Angel, or Saint?:[/b]
[b]What's your favorite magic trick:[/b]
word count: 365

Tags:
Perdita Westcott
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Scholar
Renown: 80
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Festival of the Founding: Freedom of Expression

Where does your character come into this scenario?: Most likely to be in the audience.
What is your PC's favorite animal (can be a specific animal or species/type): Cat
What kind of music if any does your PC enjoy: She enjoys bright and cheerful music.
Tell me in a few short sentences what your PC's stance on the freedom of expression is: Freedom of expression? That's complicated. At it's core, She believes in freedom of expression - for everyone. But if what you're expressing is hate or vitriol, then expect people to judge you.
Devil, Demon, Angel, or Saint?: None of the above. If they are the only 4 options, then Angel - because Angels can serve in heaven and hell.
What's your favorite magic trick: pulling a coin from behind your ear!
Last edited by Perdita Westcott on Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 138
Elijah Lamoreaux
Approved Character
Profession: Engineer
Renown: 45
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Where does your character come into this scenario?: in the audience
What is your PC's favorite animal (can be a specific animal or species/type): Dogs
What kind of music if any does your PC enjoy: Hmm. Drinking songs and Sea Shanties?
Tell me in a few short sentences what your PC's stance on the freedom of expression is: Eli is an advocate for freedom of expression for all; with the exception of doing so with the intention of inciting violence or hate.
Devil, Demon, Angel, or Saint?: I'd say a little of all or most to varying degrees. But if choosing one to the exclusion of the rest is required, then angel.
What's your favorite magic trick: Levitation
word count: 123
Margarita Arty
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Artist
Renown: 10
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Where does your character come into this scenario?: Audience
What is your PC's favorite animal (can be a specific animal or species/type): Bunnies
What kind of music if any does your PC enjoy: More of jazz or instrumental, things that can relax and help study/draw
Tell me in a few short sentences what your PC's stance on the freedom of expression is: It really depends. She’s an artist and understands that interpretation can vary tween different peoples. She’s all for it, as long as no one gets hurt and//or everyone is mature and civil about it.
Devil, Demon, Angel, or Saint?: Saint
What's your favorite magic trick: Is this your card?
word count: 119
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Profession: Physician
Renown: 703
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Where does your character come into this scenario?: With the Lightning Knights/Authorities
What is your PC's favorite animal (can be a specific animal or species/type): Colorful Birds (Peafowls, Pheasants and such)
What kind of music if any does your PC enjoy: Vocals
Tell me in a few short sentences what your PC's stance on the freedom of expression is: Freedom of Expression is important and she would fight to allow that. She also believe that the delivery of it can't be done in a way that deliberately puts people in danger or damages other people's stuff.
Devil, Demon, Angel, or Saint?: Saint
What's your favorite magic trick: Anything done by a child practicing learning magic.
word count: 122
Azrael
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Treasure hunter
Renown: 85
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Where does your character come into this scenario?: In the audience
What is your PC's favorite animal: At the moment, monkeys.
What kind of music if any does your PC enjoy: Mostly anything with strings in it and singing.
Tell me in a few short sentences what your PC's stance on the freedom of expression is: He is very much a supporter of expression and wants everyone to express what they desire to. He believes that stifling expression is rarely good, even if you disagree with what is being expressed. That said, if he doesn't like it, he tends to just go away.
Devil, Demon, Angel, or Saint?: Devil, probably.
What's your favorite magic trick: Disappearing acts.
word count: 121

Sesser Mark

• Transformer's Toolbox [Minor]: Azrael can make superficial changes to his appearance (hair, nails, skin, eye, and voice.)
  • Ever Alluring I: Azrael seems to endure harsh conditions better than others and everyone, despite sexual orientation, is just a bit curious what he would be like in bed.

Spirit Impact

• Darksight: Azrael's perception of light and dark have been flipped, allowing him to see more clearly in an absence of light than in the day.
  • The Keys: Azrael is aware of his mortal born abilities (for Pact and Desire) due to an encounter and deal he made with the River's Daughter.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Eastern: Central: Rharne”