A global faction with the aim of eradicating poverty through education and action.
Here is a place for players to post in their OOC topics for their guilds. In Idalos, characters often band together in order to support each other through the trials of war. These groups are referred to as Guilds. There are premade guilds which can be found in your character's city. The only guilds that should be listed here are player made ones. If you have a guild that you would like to add to the list, please contact a Narrator so that they may add it.
- Approved Character
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:12 pm
- Race: Human
- Profession: Philanthropist
- Renown: +1000
- Character Sheet
- Prophets' Notes
- Plot Notes
- Personal Journal
- Point Bank Thread
~ the state of political equality for all.
This faction was born from friendship and a sense of injustice in the world. Seeking to do right and extending from extensive charity work Isonomia was born out of a need to help those less fortunate. The idea for it began in Rynmere, but came to fruition in Scalvoris. It was on this remote island that the first of the factions outposts was built. Cally’s, a high end restaurant funds a Social Enterprise. Profits from Cally’s fund a project which provides housing, food, medical care, education and training to the most needy in Scalvoris. The “trainees” are given somewhere to live and, whilst being fed, kept warm and given medical care, they are trained in a trade. Cally’s has a vineyard, livestock and produce farms and an orphanage associated with it.
The purpose behind this was that people with money and prestige pay money for exquisite food and that funds a charity. The aim is that it grows and eventually poverty is a thing of the past.
The Headquarters for this faction is the office in Cally's Restaurant, Scalvoris.
Isonomia has the basic ideology that injustice and poverty should be stood against. More than that, this faction believes in action over rhetoric, and the eradication of poverty without violence.
Isonomia believes in action to eradicate poverty. Slavery is considered to be the ultimate expression of poverty and, as such, should be made illegal. Education is key to this endeavor.
Furthermore, the belief is that people should be offered assistance to become independent. The provision of education and training is undertaken in order to give the individuals the skills to care for themselves as well as the ability to function in, and contribute to, society.
Slavers, those who profit from poverty.
Last edited by Faith
on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
""Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."
- Storyteller - Staff
- Posts: 887
- Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:04 pm
- Race: Mer
- Renown: 0
- Prophets' Notes
- Plot Notes
- Point Bank Thread
Following the massive amount of effort given in the Scalvoris Docks Relief Effort
, which was covered through 24 total threads, Isonomia has acquired the following awards, perks, etc.
- Diplomatic Introductions and Assistance from the Scalvoris Council - Should any ranking Member of Isonomia require introduction to a foreign government, the Scalvoris Council will provide a letter of introduction for them, or if needed, send a representative to introduce them to the proper authorities. Additionally, the Council has agreed to provide diplomatic assistance as needed on a case by case basis when possible.
- Scalvoris Military Escort - Should any Mmember require transport from Scalvoris to a foreign country, the Elements will provide transport for them. Additionally, if given enough notice, the Elements will also provide transportation from abroad to Scalvoris.
- Rangers' Boon - Isonomia will find a large increase of food hunted or gathered from the wilds, courtesy of the Rangers. Additionally, the Rangers have agreed to provide hunting or food gathering training to any willing and able bodied member, a service they do not provide to the public.
- Dockworkers' Boon - Isonomia will find a large increase of food fished or gathered from the seas, courtesy of the local fishermen and dockworkers. Additionally, Ranking Isonomia members will find merchants that arrive by ship to the docks give them first pick of goods before they are sold to the public.
- Volunteers' Boon (ScalvTown) - Word of Isonomia's efforts has spread heavily across Scalvoris. As such, within Scalvoris Town, Isonomia has acquired 60 new nameless Supporters. These do not contribute to Renown level, have no skill level to speak of, so they cannot be improved upon by seasonal use. These are simply background volunteers to help with larger projects when more hands are needed. As Maltruism said (as I modeled this after his statements on a similar subject), think of them as Star Trek red shirts, but ya know... peaceful.
- Volunteers' Boon (Almund, Egilrun, Havardr, Gunvorton, Darbyton) - Word of Isonomia's efforts has spread heavily across Scalvoris. As such, many people in the Almund and the outlying villages have expressed a desire to help, and bring Isonomia's influence to their homes. Should a ranking Member (PC) head to these towns, they will find recruitment a bit easier. Additionally, doing this follow up will allow for 1 Personal NPC Member, per town, to be added to the Member List of Isonomia at the completion of the recruitment thread, as well as 10 nameless Supporters for Almund, and 5 nameless Supporters for each of the other villages. Contact Aegis or another Scalvoris Mod (not Pegasus, obviously) upon completion of one of these threads.