• Solo • Bone Collector

Previously the stronghold of the Pirate Lords, Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers. Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!

Moderators: Aegis, Pegasus, Vorpal, Ghoul

• Solo • Bone Collector

Postby Mute » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 pm

"Silence Reigns . . ."
Ymiden 7, 718
Almund

Bones. The foundation of a soul’s physical experience. Some men said when they were deep in their cups that when you cut a bone open, you found rings like that of a tree. Hundreds, each of them representing a major moment in its life. And that there were men and women who claimed they could read between the lines to uncover the past and see the future. They scoffed at that notion, afraid to accept that there was power in this world that they would never obtain. I, however, had tasted a sliver of that bounty for myself and did not suffer from the fears of ignorance. Only the obsession of curiosity.

I overheard the rumor at the Sapphire the trial prior. A patron of fortune was discussing his reading with his companions at the table next to mine, so confused he didn’t notice my eavesdropping at all. Inconsequential. He was a parting detail in this narrative, worth only the words he had spoken that night. The poor sod would never even know that I meant to prove his fortune true.

The Bones had a reputation that marketed itself. Everyone knew the alley in which it was tucked. Most had heard of the eyeless skulls that watched the men bold enough to cross its threshold. Wariness clung to stone and wood like a perfume. An intoxicating warning. It told me that there was truth to be found within these walls but not without cost. Perhaps that was why I drew a few from the loiterers as I stepped up to passageway. Many would never get closer than that, just enough to stare and pass judgment.

Sometimes, however, you have to get close to learn the things others never would.

Ducking into the alley, I made my way to the entrance of the building and step through the front door. I didn’t even bother to look up at the faces staring back at me.
Mute
Approved Character

Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes

Return to Almund