• Closed • Castle of Glass

(Faith) "Cause I'm only a crack, in this castle of glass."

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Aegis, Pegasus, Vorpal, Ghoul

Castle of Glass

Postby Faith » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Faith breathed in as she looked at the woman and she felt the unfamiliar coldness sweep over her. Blessed by Famula, she did not feel cold, nor had she for nearly two arcs now. Yet, looking at the woman in question, Faith felt it. Because she served nothing and no one. The coldness of what Faith felt from the woman struck her, like an almost physical blow and she stopped in her tracks.

So, Faith was hit with a dilemma. What did she do? Did she say something to Patrick? Maybe she should simply carry on with why they were here - after all this was in a sense none of her business. Yet, Faith was who she was and this woman's lack of link with anyone or anything else coupled with her observation of the three of them and it unnerved the former slave. Significantly so.

"No," she said, softly. It was perhaps a strange thing for her to say, but she was looking at the woman in question. Faith smiled at Patrick and Dominek, although her smile held no mirth at all and then she continued to speak. "Not right now. We will, in a moment, but first we need to deal with this." Faith was a fanatical devotee of Famula, Vri and Moseke, and she served in every way that she could.

Therefore, she walked up to the woman and stopped a reasonable distance from her. "Good trial," she said, her voice soft and quiet as it always was. "You seem to be very interested in us and what we are doing, but I must admit to finding your examination of us interesting." With a slight smile and an apparently friendly expression, Faith looked at the woman with serious silver-grey eyes.

"I assume that your interest is for a reason?" She was not going to be some kind of performing monkey, nor was she going to simply go and do something which was intensely person with such an obvious audience. So, she asked. Should the woman answer, Faith would be happy to discuss. If, however, she did not, then Faith would turn to Patrick and suggest that they leave. Famula, after all, was everywhere and she would rather be somewhere where there was no voyeur.
"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

Isonomia Faction
Faith
Famula's Champion

Race: Human
Profession: Philanthropist
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 54
Character of the Month (1) Contributor of the Month (1) Story of the Month (1) World Developer (1)
Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
Guild Master (1) Shop Keeper (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1)
Supporter (1) Beta Bot (1) Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1)
Living Legend (1) Ascension (1) Hallowed (1) Pioneer (5)
Hoarder (1) ...ow. (1) First Love (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (2) True Love (1) Married (1) Changed (1)
Starting A Family (1) Shopaholic (1) Scandalous (1) Immortal Lover (1)
Dreamer (1) Party Animal (1) Puppet Master (1) Pen Pal (1)

Castle of Glass

Postby Patrick » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:06 am

Initially Faith's answer was just "no" in regards to the idea of Patrick offering his own blood, which ultimately Patrick easily agreed with up until he realized it wasn't what she meant. Or was it? She didn't seem as focused on their occupation anymore, as though a thought troubled her which quickly became obvious in Pat's eyes.

There was reason to be concerned with that strange woman after all, and it seemed as though now would be the good time to approach this individual; or so Faith herself seemed to determine as she took the initiative with it. Quite the commendable thing really; Patrick found himself liking her more and more each Trial really. She had a quite stark contrast to his own ideals and beliefs to be sure, but even then she'd somehow easily managed to earn his respect compared to most.

Evidently this stranger was just another unusual situation for her and Patrick to manage, since she could clearly see the three of them whereas many didn't even know Dom existed. "Sure thing, ladies first." Patrick mused as he watched Faith move first, before trailing next to her in his usual stride. Regardless both brothers agreed with the idea, seeing just who they were dealing with would've helped alleviate the perpetual uncertainty about her.

Clearly something about the woman put Faith off, and while Patrick didn't want to know or consider what; he could tell it genuinely sparked the demand to meet with this scary chick. She looked so... dark and serious when they approached her. Patrick's head was bowed some as a manner of introversion with the lady, since he clearly felt unsettled with a number of variables. The flies... the creepy hair... the fact she stared... at Dominek mostly.

Even the ghost watched curiously as he stood next to Faith, a little more open and curious since he pretty much found another who could actually see him. It was clear Faith projected personalism with what they were going to do before, as she definitely didn't seem invested in the idea of having an audience the whole time. Patrick of course naturally agreed somehow, thinking their attempts at prayer were private affairs really. Probably unlike Faith they were private affairs, in regards to reaching out to something the Rharnian barely understood in truth.

But so many others always did that before him did they not? They worshiped and prayed to things greater than themselves, in hopes to find ways to deal with their own personal matters in a trial. He could understand the need for personal privacy for anybody, as it seemed to him the relationship between Immortal and mortal became more and more personal; the more often he spent time considering the matter entirely.

"Clearly you can see me," Dominek pointed out with a curious tone after Faith's inquiry, "otherwise you wouldn't be so focused on all three of us." The Lightning Knight crossed his arms with his head tilted to the side some, his posture still relaxed with curiosity present in his eyes as glanced from Faith to the lady in question.

Patrick naturally stood on the other side of Faith, almost exactly the same as Dominek save for the fact his hands were in his pockets. Whoever this strange woman was, she now had garnered the undivided attention of the whole group.
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"If I had one more day to wish, if I had one more day; to be better than I could have ever been."

OOC Note: As of Ashan 717 Patrick has been cursed with Sesser, therefore once a season he's at risk of turning into a Sessfiend. Should the occassion actually come to occur, PC's are warned to consider the extreme risk of injury and even their life; before proceeding to participate in the event. Looking forward to the potential plots and threads to come!
Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Profession: Trouble
Renown: +200
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 21
One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (1) First Kiss (1) Heartbreak (1) Drunkard (1)
Murderer (1) Addict (1) History Repeated (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Event Medal (1)

Castle of Glass

Postby Ghoul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Modbomb!
glass temple

It would be the first time the woman spoke the entirety of the trial, though it came with reluctance. She had no intentions of garnering some sort of conversation but that was how things had turned out. The Champion spoke to her first, then Dominek, but she found that she was still not compelled to reveal all that she had in mind. "I meant no interruption - I was just...curious." Her smile did not reach her eyes, before she turned to the Lightning Knight with the same amount of pity she had before.

"I can see you, yes. I had a question. Or well, a request for the man you're following. But I do have questions, without a doubt!" This was the most animated she must have been in some time, expressions stiff but still there. The woman seemed to contemplate her next words - or think ahead to the reaction of them - before speaking, gaze flitting back to Dominek. "Why is he still here? What have you not done to hold him to such an existence as this?" She shook her head, seeming to think better of this invasion. "No, no; my apologies. I came to ask for your help and here I am giving you a hard time. I meant not to interrupt your worship; I was going to wait until you'd finished."

Clearing her throat, she bowed her head a moment before lifting it up. "My name is Thana. I understand if my staring was rude. I've heard...things about you."
Ghoul
Storyteller - Rank 1
Storyteller - Rank 1

Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Prophets' Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 1
Storyteller (1)

Castle of Glass

Postby Patrick » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 pm

To his great surprise the woman they approached did seem somehow sociable when questions were asked, and she seemed to try and project friendliness towards them; which Patrick commended well enough and maybe even relaxed a little. She wasn't afraid to admit her capability to see Dom either, who raised eyebrows in curious awe shortly after the answer reached his ears. She had questions?

Was that why she watched them so diligently? Did she wonder the same thing Faith did, in regards to the reason why Dom lingered as a ghost? Even more curious was the mention of a request, something that Patrick furrowed his brows at intriguingly first and foremost. When asked the questions that followed however, he looked to Faith for a moment as curiosity warranted an examination on her behalf. Considerably she seemed to withhold any thought she might've had, and more or less listened and waited for some kind of answer; since it was mainly Patrick being asked these questions.

But he hardly understood the second one. What has he -not- done to hold Dominek in the state of his current existence? "I haven't really done anything save strive to keep my promise. Why he's here though is a bit more complicated to explain." The Rharnian initially responded almost with a hint of defense, since he didn't feel quite sure as to why the girl suddenly made a case about it. Sure enough she apologized for the intervention she played in their attempt at worship, and then proceeded to follow with a introduction afterwards; as well as a cryptic statement which sparked a wary look.

"About... me?" He checked since he felt quite unassured by it.

"Pardon my little brother's manners; this young lady next to him is Faith, who's been helping us out. I'm Dominek and this is Patrick here." The ghost interjected with a look at the two, his expression still innately curious as he watched Thana inquisitively.

"What things? And what's this... 'favor' you're wanting to ask?" Patrick finally inquired after his brief momentary pause, still quite unaware that his older brother had introduced the three of them.
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"If I had one more day to wish, if I had one more day; to be better than I could have ever been."

OOC Note: As of Ashan 717 Patrick has been cursed with Sesser, therefore once a season he's at risk of turning into a Sessfiend. Should the occassion actually come to occur, PC's are warned to consider the extreme risk of injury and even their life; before proceeding to participate in the event. Looking forward to the potential plots and threads to come!
Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Profession: Trouble
Renown: +200
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 21
One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (1) First Kiss (1) Heartbreak (1) Drunkard (1)
Murderer (1) Addict (1) History Repeated (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Event Medal (1)

Previous

Return to Scalvoris Town