Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Re: Melrath Player Development Thread

Up to Date!

Ashling wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:46 pm Uh-oh. Well. I was a bit interested in how ancient the city is said to be so I guess I imagined that there was an old part of the city, with ruins and mystic atmosphere and such. Now, this was obviously a misunderstanding on my part. The Wiki mentions nothing more than the Auriellien Arch.

I edited and made a crescent-shaped map as an illustration of the current lore text.

I found it enough to just write Town Center. The Wikitext already explains the details.

Personally I don't feel the need for the kind of map that was possible to make based on today's content in the wiki. For the moment I'm fine with not having any district names and just use north, east, south. I don't have the ambition to outline the city layout in detail, I was only thinking that it could be good to have a few landmarks, but it's not necessary.
Hi Ashling, I like the idea of ruins and mystic atmosphere as well, maybe farther out from the city itself?

Like a 2-3 trial walk away there could be some ruins in a certain direction in the Forest? Like a... proto-Fensalir that maybe couldn't be settled in the same way for various mystical reasons that could be explored.

Brent Forrester wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:33 am Hello folks,

I'd like to do a detailed in character map of Alivilda (using cartography skills), so I was sketching some rough ideas of how the holds might be laid out, plus some of the key buildings.

If possible, I'd like to also create that map oocly (or add additional content to this one and/or make it look nicer).

Could you take a look at my -rough- sketch? I tried to use descriptions as well as some reasoning (e.g. if the mill uses a waterwheel, it should be on the river).

Thanks! I wasn't really sure where to make such a request.

Hi Brent,

I checked the map with what is on the wiki for Alivilda and everything seems to match what's there. You did a very good job representing the size of the various holds, as well as the location of the waterways. There's nothing that I could find that might need changing for a rough sketch.

Consider checking with other Alivilda PCs like Jasper or Alaric, maybe even checking IC for potential reasons to meet each other's characters.

Feel free to move forward with developing this map and post again here when it is ready to be checked to go onto the wiki.
word count: 458
Soren Kvistson
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Tavern Owner
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Name of Location: The Ox's Bellow Tavern

Description: A large two floor tavern built in the style common to Raelia. It is located in the southern portion of the city, somewhat near to the wall, in the Vaettir Hold, though not right next to it. The ground floor is divided into three areas, all roughly equal in size; The Front Room, The Back Room, and the Kitchen.

The large front room is a nicer bar and restaurant, more family friendly. There are multiple hearths to sit around, the room is well lit, and the furniture finely carved. No fighting is tolerated in the front room and is dealt with swiftly and harshly. The backroom is a more casual bar and restaurant, with a variety of games. The furniture back here is of much lower quality, due to the fact that fighting, rough housing, and other such bar activities are allowed here. The two bar areas are separated entirely by the kitchen, so that any disturbances from one side do not affect the other. Both sides have their own separate entrances for customers. The center kitchen is large and functional, with access to both bars.

The second floor is reserved for rental rooms. The rooms over top the front room are quieter and nicer, and therefore more expensive. The rooms over top the back room are cheaper and reflect that in their conditions, though Soren does keep them at a decent enough of a condition. He does have standards after all. The rooms over top the kitchen are locked away from customers as these are Soren's private quarters. Just like the ground floor, the top floor is kept separate, with stairs being the only in and out point for the customers.

There is a basement beneath the entire property for storage purposes, only accessible from the kitchen and from a loading ramp outside.

The restaurant and bar are only open from the 6th bell to the 2nd bell the following trial. During this 4 hours of closing time, the cleaning crew cleans the bar and restaurant. Rooms can be rented at anytime from a bartender.

NPCs at this location:
4 full time bartenders
-Billiam
-Hilda Hightower
-Charlize Clearwater
-Shelly Belly
6 full time barmaids
-Delilah Ferrow
-Harold Grimvault
-Lydia Torven
-Celina Carrock
-Charlie Carrock
-Carolina Carrock
6 full time cooks
-Steward Wellfall
-Geraldine
-Baron von Heffin
-Felicity Flowers
-Shaun Bonn
-Prissy
2 full time cleaning staff
-Bobert Farcall
-Gettie

Goods / services available here:
Rooms to rent at a Wealth Tier 5 value.
Food native to Melrath at Wealth Tier 5 value.
Various local and imported beers, wines, and other alcoholic beverages.
Back Room offers games of skill and chance: Darts, Knives, Arm Wrestling, Poker, Dice Games, etc. Any games are allowed, so long as the house gets its cut, negotiated beforehand, unless a person is deemed a regular game host by Soren Kvistson personally.
Business Plan Thread: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=19580
Credits to: Soren Kvistson
Submitted for Development: Date
 ! Message from: Strange
Added to wiki here
Last edited by Soren Kvistson on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 508
Jasper
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Aesir
Renown: 295
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Strange wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:30 pm
Brent Forrester wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:33 am Hello folks,

I'd like to do a detailed in character map of Alivilda (using cartography skills), so I was sketching some rough ideas of how the holds might be laid out, plus some of the key buildings.

If possible, I'd like to also create that map oocly (or add additional content to this one and/or make it look nicer).

Could you take a look at my -rough- sketch? I tried to use descriptions as well as some reasoning (e.g. if the mill uses a waterwheel, it should be on the river).

Thanks! I wasn't really sure where to make such a request.

Hi Brent,

I checked the map with what is on the wiki for Alivilda and everything seems to match what's there. You did a very good job representing the size of the various holds, as well as the location of the waterways. There's nothing that I could find that might need changing for a rough sketch.

Consider checking with other Alivilda PCs like Jasper or Alaric, maybe even checking IC for potential reasons to meet each other's characters.

Feel free to move forward with developing this map and post again here when it is ready to be checked to go onto the wiki.

Hello Brent and Strange

Over all I would say it looks fairly close to how I imagined it when I wrote it up. A couple things more of as additions.

This is a valley, so there are hills between the valley and the Vynmur river, nothing large, and could certainly be used by the people for cattle grazing.

The area around the Great Hall would be the "town part" where people who have moved into the valley or choose not to participate with the Clans would have homes.

Over all I like it and look forward to the finish product.

Poke me if you have any questions.
word count: 339
Soren Kvistson
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Name of Location: Goran's Smithy
Description:
Goran's Smithy is located in the Vaettir Hold, on the south side of the city. It is placed right against the wall, indicating that it isn't the wealthiest of smithies. However, a smithy in Raelia is never impoverished. The forge and workshop is large, with many work tables and anvils and multiple forges. It is large enough to maintain a staff of twenty-five smiths.

The front of the business is a shopfront. The large room is lined with the best goods, most of which are either on shelves or mounted on the walls, that have been made in the smithy, all of which are for sale. Joran mostly works with variations of iron and steel and other similar practical metals, but he does do some adornment work when needed.

The forge is the middle room, through the door behind the counter of the shop. It has eight large forges, four on each side, and all the accompanying equipment. Each forge is large enough that three smiths can work in it at time, with their own anvils and water troughs branching out from it. The backroom is the workshop, with twelve large worktables and a massive variety of tools on shelves around the walls. Both the backroom and the workshop are constantly busy from sunup to sunset, and sometimes earlier and later. Beneath the entirety of the business is storage and warehousing.

Goran also owns both yards to either side of his property, for people to test and use the equipment he makes. He keeps a variety of weapon targets and dummies out there. People can pay extra for some basic weapons training, but this is only good for complete beginners, and only offered to people who actually buy a weapon.

Goran is open to hiring just about anyone in his shop, at any level of skill, though he will insist that if they work there, they will learn how to smith in that time. Complete beginners will often be tasked with cleaning and maintenance duties, as well as handling deliveries. As they advance in skill, they advance in responsibilities too.

As of Saun 18, 719, all current employees of Goran's Smithy will receive 1 free drink per trial that they visit [insert link]The Ox's Bellow Tavern. This deal was established here

NPCs at this location: Goran Johannson

Goods / services available here? If so what, how much? Tier 5 Smithing services and metallic goods of all types.
Credits to: Soren Kvistson
Submitted for Development: Oct 5, 2019
Added to wiki here
word count: 435
Soren Kvistson
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Goran Johannson
Race: Human, Melrathi
DoB: Saun 1st, 663
Title: Owner and Master Smith of Goran's Smithy
Moderation Type: Self Mod
Able/Willing to Mentor?: Yes
Skills able/willing to Mentor in: Smithing (Master), Appraisal (Expert), Engineering (Competent)
Description: Goran is a large, dominating Melrathi man. His hair and beard are pure white and long. He keeps his hair loose typically if not working the forge, but braids both before setting to work. He towers over most people, his body hardened from decades of running his forge. He's often dirty from the work, and nearly always found wearing his working leathers.

He's a gruff man, hardworking, and expects a lot of his employees. But he's fair as well, treating them well enough, so long as they are willing to learn the craft. He enjoys teaching and discussing his trade with anyone, especially if it's over a pint. He can be crude in his language, but never cruel. He is a man of strict morals, and will not tolerate any lying or manipulation, and will completely shun any person who attempts either with him, forever.

He makes a lot of good metalworks, and could have a more successful business, but prefers to run his operations in such a way as to constantly teach new prospects. He does not turn away anyone who wishes to learn, even at his own expense. But any who stay with him will find themselves greatly rewarded through his teachings. Many of his students over the arcs have gone to open their own forges, just far enough away so as to not compete with his own, out of respect for their master.

Credit: Soren Kvistson
Added to wiki here
word count: 289
Soren Kvistson
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Agneta Stormsdotter
Race: Qi'ora
Title: - Assistant to Annafried Gofrith
Moderation Type: Self
Able/Willing to Mentor?: Yes, to those she trusts
Skills able/willing to Mentor in: Business Management (Expert), Politics (Expert), Logistics (Expert), Appraisal (Expert)
Description:
Agneta Stormsdotter is a beautiful woman, born to Qi'ora parents in Melrath. Her parents were wealthy merchants and rubbed elbows with the elite and nobility. Agneta was brought in as a playmate to Annafried Gofrith. They grew up together. Agneta transitioned into becoming Annafried's assistant and closest confidant, as Annafried began growing her business ventures in adulthood. Agneta supported Annafried when she chose to separate her business from the Gofrith family's own ventures. Agneta learned much while watching Annafried work. She was recently fired by Annafried after an unknown and unspoken scandal that left Annafried penniless.

added to wiki here
Last edited by Soren Kvistson on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 150
Soren Kvistson
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Annafried Gofrith
Title: Businesswoman, cousin to Jerith Gofrith
Moderation Type: Self
Able/Willing to Mentor?: Yes, though only to those who truly earn her trust
Skills able/willing to Mentor in: Business Management (Master), Politics (Master), Logistics (Master), Appraisal (Master)
Description:
Annafried Gofrith is one of Jarl Jerith's cousin. From a young age, Annafried had an almost supernatural knack for money and deals. She was deeply analytical and ruthless in business. Behind closed doors, she was the cutthroat pirate that her family was known for, but in public she was the most pleasant of experiences anyone could hope to have. In a scandal that was only known in the circles of the elite, Annafried divested her business interests from her family, looking to go it alone. She took her staff and got to work. She became one of the richest and most influential members of Raelian society. But, in Vhalar 719, an unknown scandal happened, and Annafried was left penniless and alone.

added to wiki here
word count: 179
Alora
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Sorceress
Renown: 120
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Name of Location: Flayer's End (Alora’s Crater, Flayer’s Crater, or Alora’s End, etc.)

Description: An unnatural land formation produced from a massive backlash of Defiance magic, Flayer’s End is the spot where an infamous flayer of men and women, Alora, was brought to their death. It is said that it took an entire squad of Valkyrion, Skadiri, and Ydalir to bring her down. Even then, no one could anticipate or prevent the Flayer from using their own magic to consume their soul. No more than they could predict her desperation to enact vengeance on her pursuers would be powerful enough to use that soul energy to power a spell incorporating the refinement of all four elements.

When her soul collapsed in on itself, the Lake was burned and evaporated all at once, the earth turned to glass, and the air scorched to where a brimstone-scented miasma hangs about the air.

The result, was a copse of burned out trees, scorched dirt around the crater, and a caked layer of glassy earth where a lake used to be. In the days following Alora’s death, the fish all rotted and festered. Wild life give this place a wide berth, perhaps driven away by scarcity and perhaps a malevolent miasma that persists in the air.

It is rumored that thirst diamonds can be found in speckled dust around the Crater. However nobody that has tried to mine for them has come up with any.

Credits to: Alora

Submitted for Development: 10/13/2019
added to wiki here
word count: 263
Brent Forrester
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Profession: Cartographer
Renown: 265
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Got another map for review. This one is for Fensalir and I'm coordinating with Ashling. Right now it's zoomed out and without much detail (mostly an IC map rather than an OOC map), because there wasn't much info on Fensalir's layout.

The Alivilda one I'm still finalizing with Jasper, but should be ready soon.

Fensalir!

replied
word count: 63
Ashling
Profession: Hedgedoctor
Renown: 255
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Milestones

Miscellaneous

This post has been moved as Strange wanted me to put it in a new thread they started 25 October.

You find it here.

There's also the original post Strange already answered to 15th october. and the comments I got on them at the time.
Last edited by Ashling on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 46
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Archive”