Leggo My Eggo

Lavana meets Amaris on her egg-selent adventure

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Leggo My Eggo

Tharn
6th of Cylus

Rumors had circulated about a fisherman that had somehow stumbled across an egg that was never before seen on the island. And it was causing a bit of a stir in town, everyone wanted to have a look at this little interesting piece of mystery and gossip was buzzing all over the Almund and Scalvoris. The guy apparently wasnt budging on a price and there were many other reputable organizations trying to part him of his egg-citing discovery.

The day before there was a lot of foot traffic into the butchershop and people gabbed and prattled like gossiping ninis, and she found herself listening intently to the words spoken finding herself adrift and day dreaming. It seemed like a lot of commotion over something trivial, she tried to resist the temptation and wanted to stay away, but her conversations with Kura had guided her to investigate the rumors because Lavana had to prove her wrong.

And the mortal born had folded like parchment almost instantly at the thought, it just seemed like a great way to kill the day even though they were eclipsed in darkness guided by the light of the canvassing moons and tapestry of stars.

Her heart was filled with excitement, shed show Kura! Lavana would have a pet dragon and shed have her silly slobbering wolf that growled at her, her dragon would slobber fire and be able to fly. It would be cool, and she would say I told you so triumphantly. That was clearly more important to Lavana then you know doing her job but she earned her day off and she was going to use it.

Besides that Kura knew everything she was a regular know it all! Showing off and impressing that fangled imperial owl was a top priority, she rained on her parade about her dragon powers. Her domains were probably way cooler and she was jealous, she nodded her head to agree with herself. Besides clearly dragons were Lavanas thing, and Kura wanted them for herself. Lavana huffed, but then back peddled, no! Karems daughter was nice and she was thankful for her help.

Even if her mother thought she was her greatest failure, at least she got to meet her. And after her tears dried, she had to make a decision and she chose to better herself rather then wallow in self pity.

So Lavana found herself on route to meet this guy. She was dressed in her ordinary black cloths but had her good dagger fastened to her hip. She had short black hair and amber eyes and had a cheerful though nervous smile, still processing what had happened several days earlier .
word count: 449
Amaris
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Councilor of Natural Affairs
Renown: 242
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Leggo My Eggo

It was as any other trial for Amaris. The mixed blood had spent breaks reading and pondering the questions posed within the texts read, before deciding that a break was in order. A headache pulsed behind their temples as they had closed their book. Without hesitation, they’d thrown on their coat and scarf and made their way outside before the decision had even been a conscious one. In a way, this wasn’t much of break considering they were still in pursuit of some scientific question. They had put it off to have a better understanding of the situation, but now was a good a time as any to figure what exactly the fisherman had caught.

From what they had heard, there was great speculation about what the egg could be. The man in question who had caught the egg seemed just as easily prone to theories, but not so much to giving it up for further investigation. It seemed to be the topic of discussion wherever the scholar went and they figured they might as well look into it. Unlike those around them, they couldn’t quite feel the cold of Cylus. Not really; it had remained a habit to don as many layers as possible with the approach of the snow, and now they were somewhat too warm as they approached the pub the fisherman had decided to use as a base for taking up an audience with interested parties.

As was to be expected, there was quite the crowd. Over the sea of heads, they could hear the man retelling his story with great embellishment, the pub relatively quiet to hear what must have been heard thousands of times already. But, of course, Amaris would be no different as they found a spot just by the door, as not to block anyone’s view.

“...And that’s how I caught this,” the man ended, patting the egg cradled in his arms appreciatively. Questions were flung his way, and soon the man was engulfed in people getting close to touch. Amaris, however, was not one of them, choosing instead to wait out the wave of people.
word count: 359
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Leggo My Eggo

Tharn
Lavana seemed full of excitement as she attempted to see past the crowd that had gathered before the fisherman. The backs of there heads and shoulders proved a burdensome obstruction to her view as his show and tell seemed to be on a first come first serve basis. The pub itself was packed to the gills and Lavana couldn't see or hear much.

The shear volume of commotion was enough to dissuade her valiant attempts to push her way in. It seemed like the more she fought the harder she was thwarted as onlookers and squabbling parties asked questions and bickered about who was going to get the egg. Although it seemed negotiations were ongoing as they raged on back and forth, as nothing had been settled

As Amber eyes drifted elsewhere in defeat they quickly cheered up when they stumbled upon a woman with features that were hard to explain. She was tall, strikingly so and her face seemed diamond-esque. But she couldn't place the features, the tan skin and complexity of her of her heritage made her an enigmatic person of interest.

Who was she? Lavana figured her tactic was smart to wait it out then look, and she was quick to adapt and adopt her strategy.

The mortal born wondered to herself as she watched her waiting much like herself to get a good look at that egg like curiosity. There was still a fire in her spirit and thought it a good plan to wait out the storm of people, maybe they could keep each other company for a bit while they waited to get in.

"Hi there, come to see the egg I take it? Between me and you I think it's gotta be a jacadon, or something wild like that. What do you think? Got any ideas?"

The unbenownst imperial princess seemed to wait for a response, she herself was mighty cold often walking to work then straight home no leather armor no sunlight only the darkness and the glow of the moons.

It was a familiar and comfortable pattern of behavior.

She rubbed her arms a bit trying to warm them up in the bitter cold. But she kept a polite smile, as her hair was rustled back and forth in the tide of the wind.

"Weather is a mess, if I can get in the pub it won't be so bad. Could use a drink and something to eat, more then welcome to join me. There's nothing to do till the crowd dies down anyway."
word count: 430
Amaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Leggo My Eggo

For moment, the voice seemed disembodied as they turned to the side out of a newly resurfaced habit. When they saw no one at their side on their eye level, it dawned on them that they ought to look down. It was not intended, but they had to look down their nose to the short haired woman that had begun to engage them in conversation. They attempted to answer the first question, before the woman wasted no time in delving into her thoughts on what the egg could contain.

“I am here for the egg, yes. I’m...not certain on what it could be, but since this man supposedly pulled it from our waters, so maybe it’s a variation of something we already know, or something new entirely.” They spoke just loud enough to be heard, gaze moving back to the egg with brows furrowed. They had thought about it some, but not too much, and they wasted no time in voicing those thoughts, diving a bit deeper.

“If it is something new, that only begs the question of if there are more of it. And if it’s something dangerous. Scalvoris seems to have a bad habit of producing wildlife capable of ripping grown men apart. Or if it is some sort of...evolution of something already known, might it be easy to trace its roots and the cause of the change. I’ve never seen a jacadon egg in person, but I’m not so sure it would look like that. That is what makes this so important. I fear he might just sell it or worse, eat it.”

They looked back to the woman, cheeks flush with slight embarrassment at the realization that they’d gone off on a spiel. Noting the way she rubbed her arms, Amaris assumed she might be cold and took off their own cloak before offering it. “Take this; I’m much too warm.” They didn’t elaborate too much on this, but did nod as the woman made an offer for them to join her in a meal. “I would be delighted.”
word count: 353
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Leggo My Eggo

Tharn
Lavanas amber hues seemed blissfully radiant as she enthusiastically took the gift that was a courtesy and had quickly wrapped herself in it. Her smile was bright, as the large hood sort of crumpled in on itself momentarily veiling a portion of her face as she stared up with wide eyes.

One of her hands was quick to adjust the fabric. It was warm and comfortable, and the material was snug albeit a bit long for her. She was positively happy about what shed received, it was absolutely perfect. It even smelled feigntly of her, which gave the impression of security. It might not have been regalia but it was exquisite in her minds eye, certainly a fetching piece of attire that she would treasure forever.

"Ha I knew it, everyone is here for that egg."Lavana smiled as the tall woman began elaborating on the seriousness of such a discovery "Do you really think someone would get the egg just to eat It? I mean I can't even imagine it would be filling, such a waste." She took a moment to pause and remember her manners as shed almost entirely forgot about them in the heat of the moment. "Thank you it's warm, I'm Lavana it's a pleasure to meet you." She didn't often give her real name to strangers but she was nice, and felt she could afford the luxury of trust with her.

Lavana waved her hand motioninging her to follow as she sort of pushed her way into the crowd moving past a sea of bodies to find a seat at the bar. "I'd like white wine, and grilled sword fish and whatever my friend would like, we will start a tab please" she had a bit of a crazy look plastered on her features, she was imploring her with those amber eyes to go wild and get whatever her heart desired. "You can have whatever you want" Lavana didn't want to get caught with an entree while her company was eating a salad, it would have been bad form on every level.

"So this egg your saying might have some scientific value, rather then being some sort of cool pet. I agree, there's a lot of dangerous shit on the island. And your thinking it could potentially be an evolution of one of them man slaying beasts." Lavana certainly did ponder on this, on one hand it would have been great to show off to Kura and probe her wrong. She was utterly determined some day she would have her way. But on the other the warmth of the cloak made her rethink her priorities; taking that egg would make her a selfish bitch and the mortal born knew it.

She was crazy but not selfish.

"I guess in the name of science, we need to get that egg so you can study it" her hand fidgeted the dagger at her hip veiled by her wonderful new cloak; by any means necessary shed decided.
word count: 508
Amaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Leggo My Eggo

Amaris smiled, pleased with her delight. They didn’t see it as much of gesture, but the other woman did. Nodding, they replied without much thought. “People...eat a variety of things, I’ve come to find. A large egg like that would likely be no different to any other egg to some people, regardless of what might be in it.” Their jaw clenched and they found themselves a little nauseous at the memory of having been caught underground, and subsequently almost eating kitten stew. It had not, decidedly, been a good memory to recall while being invited to lunch with someone.

“My name’s Amaris; pleasure’s all mine.” With people parting for Lavana, it was quite easy to follow her. Stride easy, they found their seat beside her, though it was more like they were leaning against it rather than seated. It was generous offer, using someone else’s tab. They figured it had to be part of them giving the coat, but that didn’t mean much to them. “I’ll just have tea. I’m not all that hungry.” That, and they’d hate for whatever they ordered to go to waste.

“It could very well be a cool pet,” they began, chuckling, “But, I think it would be important to at least have a look at it before we go deciding it can be domesticated. Like I said before, it could be exceptionally dangerous and it’d be best not to risk it.” Scalvoris, by now, had to have some reputation for its particularly deadly wildlife. It really only seemed to add to the appeal of studying them, but...there was only so close one could get.

Their expression brightened considerably at Lavana’s agreeance to help them get the egg. “Thank you! I’m sure this man is quite reasonable and we could get it without too much effort.” If they explained it the same way as they had to Lavana, he might be persuaded to hand it over. Once initial observations were over, maybe they might be able to return it to him. If it wasn’t something that would kill him, of course. The last thing they needed was for the man to turn up dead for his cooperation.

Maybe they could even use their council seat as some sort of persuasion. Have him be rewarded handsomely by the council when the study of the egg was done. Or ongoing; whichever worked best for him. They nodded to themselves, still grinning widely. “I have quite a good feeling about this.”
word count: 428
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Leggo My Eggo

Tharn
Her mind drifted at the conversation of having the egg as lunch. Lavana couldn't help but think of some plump rich noble, smacking the egg with a spoon in a dainty looking utensil hold it in place. Maybe it tasted better if it was the last of its kind, a fine dining experience based on the rarity of endangered beasts. It sounded like it couldn't be true but some part of her couldn't help but think that somewhere out there that guy truly existed.

Her gaze was wide and happy up until fate had reached out and clutched her in its hands of doom. She tried to do a partial toothy smile as one cheek managed to perk up while the other half was set in a bemused haphazard grimace as wide eyes narrowed in panic, this was a disaster what would the wobbling tavern patrons think? With there beady judgemental eyes casting oppression. Her heart sank, shriveled In exasperation as shed been cast down socially to onlookers as that friend; the fat friend.

Her meager reputation was being destroyed in one fell swoop.

"You should get something to eat"

Her eyes were desperate imploring her for mercy as she squeaked out a feeble "Please." It was more of a death rattle then a request at that point as shed brought herself to smile sheepishly.

But it was too late as her grilled sword fish came out with her wine, surely her pleas would be heard before people started looking and whispering, she could already feel it. When the cloaks hood managed to flop over her face, she took a moment to hide her shame before flipping it over.

She breathed in and tried to change the subject, a last ditch attempt to really feel better. "Yea I agree it could be wildly dangerous we don't want that" as Amber eyes trailed to the fork as an uneasy hand trembled a bit from the tension as deft fingers clasped the item as she sighed a malediction under her breath as she picked up the accursed utensil and sliced the fish. Accepting her fate, she stuffed her mouth in defiance like a filthy moo cow that belonged in a chute.

Good!, Say Something, I Fucking Dare Them! she internally monologued about the onlookers imagined or otherwise as she took another ravenous bite as the sword fishes tender flavor and texture turned to metaphorical ash in her mouth. As the mortal born ate from her plate, that might as well habe been a troph.

Pairing it with white wine that shed sip down begrudgingly. A Toast!

Shed turn around to glower at onlookers but her eye brow raised as she noticed that the crowd was starting to dissipate a bit.

"Yea I got a good feeling too, I hope he's reasonable. We will try to get to him in a few minutes, when the crowd dies down"

Lavana smiled faintly chewing and swirling a once dainty finger along the rim of her glass, the other held the fork as shed pick at her food accepting her chute filled paradise.
word count: 523
Amaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Leggo My Eggo

- common / murnasian

Amaris might have missed the urgency in Lavana’s tone, if not for her expression. They were quite surprised by the manic twist of her features, not accustomed to the woman’s apparent propensity towards excitability. But over food? Amaris had never fancied themselves to be the greatest observer of people and typical behaviors around these sort of situations, but their companion seemed distressed by their not eating something. Momentarily wide-eyed, they nodded. It would still be a waste and they didn’t want to do that; this was someone else’s tab, after all. And wasted food could have been someone else’s meal.

“W-would it be alright if I tasted some of the grilled fish,” they inquired. Maybe that would suffice and placate Lavana. They weren’t entirely sure what the concern was, but it was the only thing that came to mind outside of ordering something small - which, might have even been worse in such a situation. “Maybe a bite or two?”

The shift in subject was a welcome reprieve, though only somewhat. Talk of danger was not exactly the kind of conversation they generally had over a meal. Considering they’d fled said dangers of Scalvoris for several seasons, they’d thought it best to focus on not-life-threatening events. Of course, danger was bound to be part of discovery, so there really was avoiding it. Lips pursed, they glanced at the stragglers of the crowd that had once filled the room. They’d lost interest now, but the mixed blood was sure more people would come to replace them.

“You don’t have to rush your meal; I’m sure he’ll still be there if you take a few breaks.” They smiled again, gaze once more returning to the egg with a far more serious expression than they’d just worn. “He’s likely waiting for offers as we sit here; to sell it to the highest bidder.”
word count: 329
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Leggo My Eggo

Tharn
"Absolutely I thought you'd never ask"
Lavana seemed more enthusiastic as her ears perked at the mentioning of having a bite of sword fish. And while the damage had been done wounding Lavana at least for the evening, it was an act of mercy as shed done nothing short of grovel Lavana shed graciously accept her invitation to dine with her. With an eager nod she scooched a little closer with a glimmer of hope in her doomed Amber eyes.

With Amaris's tall form and beautiful silver hair that swept passed her shoulders, the mortal born firmly looked at her own body in a momentary glance. Briefly exchanging what she saw of the woman and putting herself against the measure trying to find at least one thing to redeem herself with as her nose scrunched just a touch as she felt envy and jealousy poison her spirit. Twas short lived though as a fold of the cloak flopped over her face much to her amusement; a reminder of her generous friend as she adjusted it once again.

With fork in hand shed use it's edge to cut through it like butter, as she stuck the piece of grilled fish firmly so as not to accidentally break the tender morsel. Using her deft fingers and precision to hold the utensil while navigating it towards Amaris's mouth slow, methodical, precise and gentle but it was ultimately her choice to take the bite. Her other hand underneath to keep anything from falling and would retreat back to her wine if Amaris accepted the gesture the mortal born would slide the plate and fork to Amaris absolving herself of guilt.

"You may have the rest I'm totally full, and look the crowd is dying down."

It was a conundrum in her mind how she could go from exceptionally nice to mean. There was still bewilderment in those honey hues, like she ought to be more careful of Amaris as shed so graciously let her off the hook and spared her of a perceived catastrophic social demise.

Satisfied her bruised ego would recover.

Recognising Amaris's concern in her eyes; it need not be said for it was felt. Lavana closed her eyes and took a breath searching for a resolve that she found in abundance within herself, but what to do with it? Her eyes opened with endearment to assure her she would get it, shed kill for her if she had too. As Lavana smiled glancing to the side sheepishly, hand back to wine as she tipped it to her lips eyeing the exchanges.

I'm ready! Are you Amaris? There's no need to worry I will get you that egg.

As she walked steadily her knuckles concealed were turning white as her left hand gripped the handle of her sheathed blade. She was forming a strategy to fell him that revolved around shaking his hand. The thought she could hold it disarming him and split him ear to ear. She owed her and to do anything less then get that egg by any means necessary shed be a horrible friend. It was time to use the strength her mother had given her, as Raskalarns Greatest Failure jerked her head letting her face disappear into the silhouette of shadows provided by the folds of her wonderful gift.

The daughter of devastation seemed ready.

For Science!
word count: 569
Amaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Leggo My Eggo

- common / murnasian

The mixed blood seemed to have done something right, because the desperation was gone. Good. Though, there was a brief moment of something else that Amaris wasn’t all too sure of. It was a touch too fast for them to fully grasp, but they supposed it could have been nothing as the woman scooted forward in her seat. A brow rose as Lavana offered the fork as though she were feeding them, not having the action done to them in some time. The last person to have done so was their mother, and usually when felt so inclined to spoil the tall mixed breed. Which tended to often.

Taking the bite as offered, they glanced down at the plate pushed towards them. There was still about half of the fish left, but they hadn’t exactly intended to eat much more than a bite or two. Compelled to not waste the meal split with them, they took the fork in hand and continued chewing. It was a good enough dish, certainly not their mother’s cooking. Swallowing, they took another bite as their companion spoke.

Looking to where Lavana pointed, they did see that the crowd was indeed thinning out. Before they could finish chewing and answer, the woman was speaking again and on the move. The mixed blood figured the woman was likely very capable, though they were concerned with how she would interact with the man. Lavana seemed...enthusiastic. That was probably the kindest word they could offer at the moment, though strange and eccentric were on the list of words they had in mind. None of which they would say aloud, of course.

It was with amusement and a slight bit of anxiety that they watched her go through the crowd, attempting to rush the clearing of their plate while not completely scarfing down the remainder of the meal. They hoped that negotiations wouldn’t go sour before they managed to join the woman. They downed the remainder of their tea, hand over their mouth as they got up to follow after their newfound friend.

Catching up to her in time for the pair to have access to the man, they swallowed and offered a small smile to the fisherman. “Excuse us, sir, but we have a few questions we’d like to ask, if you don’t mind.”
word count: 395
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Almund”