• Closed • Nighttime Terrors [Lavana]

Freya and Lavana meet after the biqaj is attacked in her room.

14th of Cylus 718

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Freya DuCarinos
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Drug Trafficker
Renown: 65
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Nighttime Terrors [Lavana]

Common Rakahi Pailtic Hussian
14th Trial of Cylus, Arc 718

Golden eyes slid open to a dark room covered with shadow and blackness while the embers of a dying fire glowed from a ways beyond her bed. She’d awoken from a light sleep, something rather odd as she normally didn’t sleep lightly and didn’t wake up unless something was amidst. Had there been a fight in the tavern again? Freya would need to speak to the innkeeper about his less than appropriate clientèle.
Sitting up in bed, thin fingers slid over the curve of her face as she sighed into the palm of her hand. It would be hard to get back to sleep now that she was awake. She’d had another dream of Wendell, one where she’d been staring at him in the crow’s nest from below, on the deck. The sun had hit him in just the right way as it set on the horizon. He’d looked down at her, thinking, then a small smile crept onto those pillow lips just before he vanished into nothing.
She’d missed him. At times like this, he would have known how to make her sleep, whether by wrapping her up in arms or a quick tussel in the sheets.
But Freya was alone now… without a boat, a crew, a lover. It seemed like every time she fought with Wendell, things would spiral into oblivion till there was nothing left of the other. Was that what happened now? Was he lost on her?
Letting out a half choked sob, Freya let tears fall quickly down the angles of her cheeks, dripping onto the sheets. She didn’t try to stop them as she wallowed in her misery, feeling each wave as a single, different thought rode upon its crest. As much as she’d like to place blame in him, and while he wasn’t completely innocent in this either, it was a shattering realization that Freya had driven them apart all because she’d pressed on the idea of marriage. The wolf he was snapped at the mention of the word, as if it was blasphemy just to even speak it. Was he so scared? Did he not love her?
She let another raspy cry past gritted teeth, her eyes squeezed shut until an odd sound in her room halted her breakdown midway. Lifting her head up from her palm, Freya looked around the darkness in an attempt to identify what it was she heard. The noise had to have been from the hall…
Pupils adjusting, grabbing for light, she noticed there was a part of the room that was covered in thicker shadows than the rest and as she stared, Freya noticed a silhouette was moving from it.
Stiffening, Freya wiped her eyes, having not heard them move and yet, the body was there, avoiding the light of the embers while keeping to the corner of the room, watching her… The biqaj sniffled, pretending to sink back into her depression as she laid back down on the bed and clung to her pillow. Was it good enough? Did they know she’d seen them?
Her question was soon answered as the blade under her pillow was caught in her grasp just before hands wrapped around her feet, attempting to yank her off the bed.
“Sard off, foulborn!” Freya cursed, swinging the blade towards the body. It must have hit something because a voice answered her with a thick, scalvorian male accent. He’d released her feet, her body sliding onto the floor as Freya made an effort to bounce back up and swing again.
His accented voice cursed at her in another language, the sound of feet thudded against the floor as she was tackled back against the wall. Freya had been attacked in a dark room once before and while she may not have had an advantage now, she still had her dagger.
“I know what you’ve done.” He almost growled in her ear. “You will know justice for your crimes.”
“If you know what I’ve done, then you know who I am.” Freya gritted out, her hand pushing the dagger towards his neck while the thick fingers wrapped around her wrist pushed it back. “And… you know I’ll kill you for this.”
She let out a cry as she dropped the dagger and swung her face in to headbutt him in the temple. Both of them became dazed, though Freya fought through it to fling him off and feel around for the dagger. Once she got ahold of it, her flimsy feet scrambled for the door, only to be knocked into the table in her room. The sound of wood breaking over her body echoed throughout the room as big hands wrapped around her neck, a body sitting over top hers.
“Quit fighting! Stop it!” He whispered to her harshly. “I will hurt you if I must!”
“I.. will hurt you!” Freya retorted, kicking at the ground as she screamed out, only to have a hand pressed over her mouth, muffling the sound.
Bounty Information
Details: Following the capture and violent hanging of the serial killer, Skinny Jim, a small group of vigilantes start to bring "criminals" to justice. They do this by tying up the culprits, all of whom have been branded on the face, and leaving them outside the Element Hall in either Scalvoris Town or Almund. These vigilantes have a very loose definition of "criminal" though, and many of their victims are innocent citizens.
OOC Requirements/Notes: From Zi'da 80th onward. Requires multiple threads
Hazard Level: High
Timeframe: Ongoing
Pay/ Reward: 150gn for information leading to capture, 250gn for capture.
Additional Info: PM Peg for information before starting this ~ thanks!
Last edited by Freya DuCarinos on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 974
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 0
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Tharn
Lavana had been uneasy that evening, her mind drifting on different subjects but never touching down on just one. Things for her were spiraling downwards, her apartments roof had been peeled off in the storm, feelings of inadequacy seemed to flow through her system like a painfully slow venom when it came to her immortal parent, even the possibility she may have been done the vilest of harm against her will on the cruelist of levels, it was the kind of shit that no matter how many baths you took you just couldnt wash it off a feeling of dirtiness that was as if spellbound to her.

She was awake at the inn, biding her time on the tavern downstairs. Wine, beer, ale, things she used to enjoy in comfort seemed to be eyed with a sense of immediate disdain as she scrunched her nose in distrust she no longer had a taste for it. Shed never felt so weak and useless, as she leaned her head back in the chair trying calm herself with a smile wild and toothy before closing her eyes and trying at least to rest.

It jolted her from her light snooze though, crashing and thrashing. For a moment the mortal born didnt think anything about it, didnt strike her as anything except a wild night with some lustful tavern wench. But as time went on, the more crashing and banging started l.

Raskalarans mortal born daughter had to make a decision, part of her didnt care about the tragedy taking place. The scalvorian towns folk left her helpless, allowed her to put her guard down. But was she really that person, the more she trusted her heart the more she tasted betrayal and inner turmoil. But that feeling of shame and helplessness, she closed her eyes as she fought an inner battle of monologues and rhetoric but she got up despite this; she wouldnt wish that on anyone.

And so she ascended the stairs, each step ate away at her. Turn back, its not your problem.Worry about you, these people betrayed you, you owe them nothing! But she shook her head and traversed her better nature despite wanting to discard it.

It was like reliving the nightmare over again but this time she stood outside the window peering in.

Lavana reacted as she stormed the room, wound up and kicked the womans assailant with the toe of her bronze sabaton in the face as hard as she could to try and knock him off her. She had a little skill in unarmed and a little strength, but its the heavy metal that would give that kick its true ferocity like a bat.

Lavana would strike with suprise, and ambush him while his attention was on the woman struggling for survival.

If her attempt was succesful shed kneel down and pull free her combat dagger still sheathed, it was a double edged stilleto style blade for thrusting and stabbing.

Part of her empathized could connect with compassion and she hated herself for it, as her bronze gauntlet ran a thumb across her cheek. "Dry your eyes, your ok, here its yours to claim if you desire. Im jealous i wish i had the choice." The handle of the dagger was the womans to take to claim her prize as Lavana was a giver at heart as she gave the woman the oppurtunity for revenge and like a box of chocolates brutality and butchery was ever so sweet. It was a merciful act even Lavana herself would have killed for, to go back in time and redo what happened to be able reclaim her dignity and self respect.

As Lavana gave the woman the gift of murder. The gift to redeem herself, to take back her pride, to have shameless slumber it was there for her, all but rolled into one task to reclaim her honor.
word count: 652
Freya DuCarinos
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Freya turned her head up when the sound of metal boots thumped against the wood beyond her door, pulling both her attention, and the attention of her attacker as the door was thrown open and an armor clad woman stepped through. The woman wasn’t the kind of rescuer Freya was looking for, as she looked to be a guard of some sort, but whatever help she could get right now was not something she’d pass up out of assumptions.
Suddenly, the woman reeled her foot back then swung, planting it against the man’s chest hard enough to throw him off Freya. She scrambled away, gasping as her bloodshot eyes and puffy cheeks gave the illusion she’d been crying out of fear. While this hadn’t been the case, the Biqaj used it to her advantage and sputtered out as much nonsense as she could muster.
“P-Please, arrest this man! He’s crazed and tried to rape me where I lay!” The dim candlelight from the hallway cast shadows on Freya’s contoured features. “Please don’t call the other guards, I’m—” She paused when the glint of metal caught her eye and a blade was put forth for her to take, words brought with it that spelled confusing across Freya’s gaze. “You’re not a guard..?” Her heavily accented voice questioned.
When the woman would deny involvement with the Scalvoris guard, the smuggler’s features would shift to that of anger, not directed toward the stranger, but on the man that still lay groaning a few feet from them. Freya stood up and went into the hall for a candle before returning to her room only to shut and lock the door, the blade still gripped in her other palm.
Lighting the few candles around the room, Freya could finally see the commoner who’d attacked her bits ago and grabbed him by the collar of his stained tunic hard enough to throw him against the bed with the knife at his neck.
“Who are you..?” The woman asked, her voice firm and low with deadly intent laced into every word. “Tell me now or so help me, I’ll let them find your maggot infested corpse trials from now so answer my question.”
“We go by many names.” His brown eyes glared, face sweat covered and pale. His veins, however, stuck out from his pasty white skin in deep, blue lines. Once Freya saw this, she immediately backed away, looking him over as he stood, holding his hands out to her in a sort of ‘v’ shape. “The hands of justice will guide you to paradise in the great beyond. Be absolved of your wrong doings, Criminal. Bare the mark of shame.”
“You’re crazy.” Freya accused, stepping back by the stranger, aiming to use her as a shield if need be.
“Bare the mark of shame or be condemned to turmoil in the great beyond by the hands of justice!” He yelled, his voice filling up the space in the room. Then, all at once, he flung his form straight across the room in an attempt to rush Freya who now placed herself behind the bystander.
word count: 539
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Tharn
"Its ok, dont worry im not a guard and your safe im a sucker for pretty faces. Thats all you need to know, as Raskalarns daughter I will protect you."

Lavana looked at the acosted woman and just couldnt help but empathize with her situation. It was a volatile blend of sympathy rage and lust, as her blood boiled at this scene. She felt encouraged to show her true malevolent nature, wanted to look good and make a show to impress the woman that hid behind her. This heavily accented woman was beautiful in a mysterious kind of way, who was she and what did she do? But as she clung behind her hiding scared there was something about feeling like an alpha that really pushed Lavana to protect her.

Damsels in distress that was hero business.

As the Cultist charged Lavana met him with a jab, but followed with a right cross that repelled him back on the bed. There was a struggle, that started on the bed and rolled over to ground. Lavana would use her physical skills to jostle for the superior position until she ended up ontop of him. Holding him down, pinning him in place on the ground next to the fire place.

Kura said shed never be a dragon, that the domain itself was impossible for her to have. But as the gauntlet stretched out into the fire place, it withdrew but one dying ember. Inbetween thumb and index she brought it to her plush lips and breathed into it, as the air hit the charred clump it smoldered to life brighter and brighter still until it glowed with swirls of yellow pulsing red and orange like some sort of mesmerizing gem stone it was both enchanting and haunting. Beautiful and elegant if one truly took time to appreciate it.

"See I dont give a fuck if shes a criminal, your searching for solace from a killer. And your preaching bull shit to Raskalarns daughter im her Greatest Failure, you storm the Inn where I sleep spit on me and my mother and try to claim you have this divine authority as you dare lay hands on me.

No you pray to a false idol, let me show you the sacred light child."

Her other hand in his mouth holding him firmly as he tried to struggle. Before that golden drop was placed ever so gently on his eye where it sat. She breathed and it burned, it sank in as flesh singed and bubbled. His eye melting to goop the hole becoming a socket for this infernal gem.

Her hand in his mouth muffled his screams, he tried to bite her in desperation and agony but found his teeth chipping against bronze coated fingers. Shed breath and let it simmer away glowing radiantly, the stench of burning flesh lofted in the room. The ember would not be able to bore its way through but it certainly had the capacity horrifically maim him as flesh began to ooze like melted butter before the sanguine liquid extinguished it. A black piece of charred smoldering ash where his eye should be.

She smild wickedly thoroughly enjoying torturing this man in sick deligh "I knew we'd see eye to eye on this."Lavana took a moment to think." You should really answer her, my patients is growing thin and I can do this all night to a creep show like you."

She was breathing heavily as she continued to hold him down. "Im Lavana, whats your name lovely?" She was controlling herself, the urge to just cut loose and make a mess. But she was pushed to display her prowess, wanted to demonstrate how dangerous she was, not because it was right but because she wanted to be noticed and desired.

Kura was wrong, she was a dragon.
word count: 643
Freya DuCarinos
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

If there was one thing the biqaj regretted in that instant, it was allowing a stranger into her room to deal with another stranger, though she wasn’t sure which one was crazier or which she’d rather take on in a fight if either tried to attack her.
What if they were in cahoots?
Well, that seemed fairly unlikely given that Freya had been armed by the woman that stormed in to help her, something that was not only dangerous but stupid. Freya had the opportunity to slit the woman’s throat if she wanted to, but given her moral values, she instead hung back and watched the torturous scene unfold, cringing with the muffled screams filled the space of Freya’s room.
“S..Stop…” Her voice was weak, held in to keep the bile from rising up from her stomach over the skill of burning flesh. “Stop! We need him conscious and alive!”
Stepping forward, she pushed the woman off of him and dragged the man over so that he laid on his front before grabbing the roots of his hair to shake the piece of wood from his eye socket, using the knife to pop it out when it wouldn’t come. Freya gagged, watching as red liquid and pieces of burnt skin fell from the man’s eye.
Heaving, she scrambled off of the crazed stranger and moved to the empty bucket in the room before throwing her guts up in its container, her mind seared with the image of his infliction.
“What.. the SARD is wrong with you?!” Freya breathed, paled by the soldier’s actions. The man in front of the fireplace curled in on himself and half sobbed, half groaned in an attempt to bid away the pain he felt, covering his eye with both hands as if that would bring back his sigh for it.
“We needed him for answers and you’ve maimed him!” Freya hissed, rising from her spot over the bucket. “What good is he to us if he’s a whimpering mess?” Then something the woman said dawned on Freya.
“Did you say you were Raskalarn’s daughter?”
By U’frek, she was dealing with two crazy people that evening… Freya let out a sigh and pushed thin, shaky digits through chocolate brown hair. “Nevermind… We need… Alcohol and bandages. Drugs.” Freya went to work, fetching her satchel to extract from it a bottle of rum along with her first aid kid and some left over Panorium Powder she carried with her. Moving to the man, Freya dug her finger into the pouch and held it to the man’s lips for him to suck. Immediately, he bit her, causing her to cry out and back hand him, wincing when her hand made contact with his cheek.
“Damnit..!” She cursed, reaching for his mouth so she could pour the powdered drug down his throat. “This will help the pain. Stop moving and relax.” She cooed, wondering why she was suddenly tending to the man. He seemed dazed, lost, and muttered gibberish under his breath while holding his hands out, as if praying.
“What in the Beyond happened to you?” Freya asked mostly to herself before turning to the woman. “Do you know anything about the Hands of Justice?”
Removing wraps from the kit, Freya pour rum on to the fabric and began to clean the man’s wound, facing resistance that was quickly laid to rest with a tug on his wrist, “Stop moving! I’m only trying to help you, lunatic!”
Then, once his thrashing subsided, Freya packed the socket and wrapped a bandage around his head to keep the balled up fabric there. It wasn’t much… he’d need to see a real doctor.
“By the Gods…” Freya sighed. “Hey, tell me who you are. Where’re you from? What is the Hand of Justice?” Regardless of what she did, the man said nothing more.
word count: 664
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Date
Lavana did not understand why the woman who claimed her chastity had been under assault quickly pushed her off of the heretic. Shed hit the floor and amber eyes just looked at her completely bemused over what had taken place. Her friend Max would have spilled his gizzards on the floor and they'd have had a laugh over drinks by now.

This was unusual and the mortal born didn't know how to react, this woman seemed to be a force of nothing short of pure benevolence, it made her question herself and what she was. Maybe Vega was right about immortals and she was simply born to be a bad apple.

She still lay there dumb founded, perplexed as her quizzical gaze bordered irrational as she displayed empathy and compassion. Concepts she had little interest in, outside of those in her inner circle shed deemed friends or comrades in arms.

Getting herself up she wondered if shed gone to far, such discipline and mercy. Her nose scrunched in disbelief as she puked bile in a bucket over the desecration of the cultists face, a man that she claimed moments ago was attempting to have his way with her.

Of course it was hard to imagine until she pulled out a bag with drugs and bandages. It all came together with how she spoke to her, treated her saviour like some out of control whack job because she chose violence to squelch violence.

This kind of behavior screamed healer hippie with such twisted idealistic logic. She must of been one of them fangled cloaks in training, it became crystal clear to her. Lavana wasn't stupid, just naive enough to put trust in people.

Just like the murders in Almund those sorts always preyed on the weak, her acts of kindness bitter sweet to the reality of there world. Thinking sacrifices to better others at there expense might make it a better place. She could say what she wanted, peace could only be achieved at the end of a lance.

Im....

I'm sorry you had to see that.

She turned away sort of ashamed not trying to look the woman in the eyes as she scolded her. As she asked about her mortal born heritage twas true, she was Valtharns twin sister and looked just like her. But the imperial princess was dismissed as just a nut job.

"But I'm not sorry for doing what needed to be done. Your not going to get anything out of him asking politely, you need to break him and pull it out of him. But you can nurse him like a newborn on your teet if you'd like, show me the error of my ways.

I see it's working wonders hes already teething."

Lavana smirked in defiance as she laughed about it, waiting for the cultist to answer Freyas sweet coos.

"Typical id expect nothing less of you healers, order of Adunih is It? Heard you guys had a habit of dying, kennels are recruiting people like me to oversee your pilgrimages it's posted all over in Almund. Seeing how you operate in person, I understand why."

Lavana took a calm collected step back and leaned against the wall. Observing the woman's actions, it felt wrong on so many levels like it was against the very nature of her being.

"What's there to know? There probably responsible for the murders plaguing the island.

Maybe his friends will go easy on you, won't take them long to realize he failed either.

But it looks like you got it all figured out though.

Don't need me to hide behind right?"

Lavana wondered if this scraggly looking guy was even by himself, she sincerely doubted it. But the mortal born was going to get her point across, the healer didn't have to like what she was doing but it did not mean shed be disrespected for protecting her as she bluffed going for the door.
word count: 671
Freya DuCarinos
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Freya turned her eyes towards the woman who’d caused such a horrid scene and furrowed her brow as a slow apology eased from the woman’s lips. The glint in her amber eyes told the biqaj something different, however, and sure enough, bigotry slowly began to melt from the warrior’s mouth as though she was the very word embodied.
Frowning, Freya bit her tongue as she eased the man up and pushed him to lean against the wall before moving back to her satchel to fetch more of the illegal painkillers.
“Doing what needed to be done? Do you think I care to have a broken man dragged from my chambers in the middle of the night? Must less a body? Do you not understand the word discretion even when it slaps you in the face? Or is the only thing in that head of yours the need to break things?” She was a viper, her words biting with every phrase she spat.
“We need him alive because this isn’t the first nor the second time this violence has happened in the area and he might know something..! Least his babbling could have given us clues but now…” Turning to the man, he was still muttering and shaking. “By the Gods, he needs a doctor…”
When Lavana began to accuse her of working with the Order, Freya scoffed, a chuckle bubbling from her throat as she shook her head. “Really now. The Adunih aren’t the only ones who know a thing or two about practicing medicine.”
The conversation began to turn in a truly negative direction, one that displeased Freya as the warrior tried to use scare tactics to right her behavior. The biqaj was no stranger to this game, and simply turned and eyed the woman even as she tried to leave the room.
“Stop..!” Freya halted her, going as far as stepping between Lavana and the door, “You caused this mess, it’s only right that you stay and fix it.” Her accented voice spoke firmly, “If you know of the murders then you know this man is potentially connected to a string of violence happening in this town. Are you really going to walk away from this just because your pride demands it?”
Remaining quiet, the woman then turned and moved to grab her cloak before helping the man up by his arm and wrapping it around her shoulder, allowing him to lean on her. “If you’re leaving then move aside. I have a healer to get to and question that need answering.”
Maybe she was weak willed in that she wouldn’t stoop to breaking someone for information, but there were other ways she could get what she was after and she would prove those ways worked.
Grabbing directions from Naomi, Freya quietly left the Knights Rest and made her way to a woman’s house who was known to be one of the best in Scalvoris. In the middle of the night, while the wind whipping ice and snow against her face, Freya banged on the door and waited, shivering alongside the crazy man she still half-carried. Had Lavana followed her?
OOC
I'm bringing Faith into the thread for healing and information purposes! :)
word count: 548
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

The first thing that greeted the sound of banging on the door was the barking of what sounded like a large, angry dog. That continued, unabated until after a few bits was another voice. "Shush, Cosmo! Wait. Guard, Cosmo, Guard!" At that word, the dog quietened but there was a low growl. The house where Faith lived was nice, certainly one of the better off ones in Scalvoris and there was a lot of security, judging by how much rattling at the door took place before it opened.

When it opened, the woman who stood, half hidden still behind the door looked at the three people and raised an eyebrow. Faith was short, just five foot and four inches and she was very slightly built. Her long black hair was tied back in a loose braid and she wore a long, white cotton nightgown. Her skin was pale and her eyes were such a pale blue that they seemed almost silver. As she took in the scene, she gestured. "Round the back, in the garden, I'll meet you there, I have a studio." Both of her wrists had black tattoos, intricate bracelet designs and her throat had the same. The nightclothes she wore laced up at the front and the tattoo of a willow tree on her chest was evident. "Round there, there's a gate, I'll let you in."

The young woman looked to be less that twenty arcs old, or very few older if she was. Yet, she was unsurprised at the strange folks turning up at her door in the middle of the night and, once she had spoken, she closed the door and locked it again. After all, her husband and her babies were in this house. Then, she moved quickly to the gate around the side, glancing at Padraig apologetically.

She opened the gate to them, barefoot and led them through into a small outbuilding. Padraig had made this for her, for her last birthtrial and as this sort of thing had happened more and more Faith had slowly started using it for that. She had a sword at her waist, which she wore unapologetically, and she'd pulled on a pair of loose fitting trousers which she'd tucked her nightgown into. "Put him there." Faith grabbed supplies and looked the man over. "Light the lamps in here, please.Thank you." He was in a bad way and she could see that the wounds were recent, including the putting out of his eye. "Tell me what happened," she said, not looking at them, but just working. She grabbed a pot of the Raft, what seemed to be an almost clear honey-like substance. "As much detail as possible, please." The dog, which before now had not been seen, was with her at all times. He was up to the short woman's waist and was large enough for a child to ride him, he was a stocky, blue and white furred dog which seemed to glow slightly and he was obviously protective of the diminutive woman working on the man. As she worked, her hands were apparent, showing the nails, also. "My name is Faith, although I suppose you might know that. Who are you?"
word count: 543
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Tharn
Once again Lavana had been verbally berated and something just sunk in her mind. Is that all she did? Break stuff? It hurt her more then offended, as she was still adjusting to the concept of being a bad apple. Her fern da lance of spite however struck it's mark over and over as she tried to re-adjust herself mentally but the word stuck there as it wounded her; she was a destroyer.

It went on as an ear deafening tirade about healing him it wasn't the volume in her voice that was leaving her head ringing it was the venomous content that ate at her, how they needed to do this, how they needed to do that. And Lavana simply rolled her eyes as she shook her head, what needed to happen was this woman needed to become a monster to thwart other monsters yet she wanted to hunt cultists down and let them suck on her thumb like a baby.

It was weakness.

Hopeful eyes watched Freya croak a feignt chuckle and Lavanas mouth opened with a slack jaw smile her eyes widened as the mortal born had such high hopes. This woman was going to ascend and let it all go, to find a freedom seldom known. Only to revert back to her medicine bag. "Yea the only thing you need for pain, is liquer and bug berries everyone knows that. No mystic bullshit there"Lavana snickered in disappointment.

And those actions of comforting him made her so uncomfortable. And she didn't know why, it caused such offense to her. Was it so wrong what she was doing? What was her disposition with this. Lavana did not know other then it was truly irksome and burrowed under her skin.

You'd think all the things said would break the mortal born, her insults, her indecent clamoring over the cultist. Instead the nameless woman bombarded her with enough words to leave her dumb struck. Locked In that moment with the imperial owl when shed almost been shot by an arrow, became a princess, lost her titles, publicly disowned and tossed to the curb by the mother shed just met without even so much as a; how are you. It came and went within ten trills her mother had left her devastated.

This new person was ruthless, but if words were weapons shed of been flayed on the spot. But she was right! This was her mess! Was she undisciplined enough to leave her stranded like that? No! that would make her weak, as she looked off averting her gaze from the woman that seized the opportunity to block the door with herself. She knew she fucked up when she couldn't look the biqaq in the eyes the first time, and when Lavana couldn't coerce her with fear she saw the strength of her resilience as she had to avert her gaze again.

Lavana was a crazy bitch but not a selfish one and while shed been left flabbergasted through much of the conversation she finally broke her silence on the real subject. "I...I just saw the look in your eyes, and did the only thing I know how to do; break shit! And I have a real talent for it." Raskalarns Greatest Failure would exercise discipline and accept responsibility for her actions. "I was wrong about you, your not weak at all. Loud maybe, but definitely not weak." Lavana took a moment to breath and relax as she smiled choosing to be strong to learn rather then storm off pissy and accomplish nothing. "Keep the dagger, it's a gift. An apology, from a Raskalarns daughter. And ill sweeten the deal I'll even help you carry fuck face over here, and I'll wait on your word. You tell me when to break shit, and I'll leave a mess." As Lavana let her know that she was In charge of keeping her in check tonight "He said you were a criminal, but fuck him he's the worst kind of monster preying on women in there sleep. I'm Lavana by the way, I got a feeling we got off on the wrong foot. I say we should let him rot and go smoke and drink, but your the boss bitch tonight and you seem determined to see this through. I'm just gonna do as I'm told and not step on your toes, but you got me figured backwards it's because of my pride im staying" Seemed like Lavana was finally reverting back to herself as shed help pick up the cultist and carry him with her if shed accept the help.

And through the woods and snow they'd go, she would either help her like she promised or be close by keeping an eye out for danger.

There was barking and rattling at the door apparently the beasts name was Cosmo as the door opened. The woman in question seemed lith of frame and short with pale blue eyes. When given instruction Lavana would follow and head back around towards the studio as she nodded in compliance.

The property was lavished with gardens and frill, it seemed like a nice place. As she moved around navigating the luxurious surroundings as she was greeted by the woman wearing a sword at the hip. Her house her rules she was ok with that. She did notice her tattoos also. Lavana was under the impression the noble had a thing for ink, when you had money to burn why not. She liked the stylistic patterns but wouldn't gawk.

As she let the cultist go per the noble woman's instruction letting the man in the corner shamelessly plop without much regard or concern. In her amber eyes he was a piece of shit that tried to rape the biqaq, she was unapologetic about her stance in the matter as unapologetic as the woman was wearing the sword.

"The long of it.

He's a cultist and tried to rape my friend here, and I fucked him up for it and got carried away. I'd planned to break him, torture him and find out details and my sister Valtharn was smiling down upon me when I put the ember in his eye."
Raskalarns Daughter took a moment "The biqaq insisted on another way, but I think it's fundamentally flawed you achieve peace at the end of a lance and rewrite history in the blood of the fallen. Regardless she managed to convince me to come. Although all this prattling about him is unwarranted, he did put his hands on an imperial princess he should be kindling for a campfire." She shrugged" I love the dog by the way, reminds me of Kura shes got a wolf but still I'm an avid canine lover. Spent a lot of time in my days in the imperial army around them." Lavana seemed to preoccupied about the dog Cosmo to catch the fingernails or really care about the cultists condition she was honor bound by pride for sworn by her merit to see it through and give the biqaqs way a chance. "I'm sure if you unbury her under paperwork she can corroborate my legitimacy, I'm her responsibility but no one believes me when I tell them. Not bad for a hundred and thirty though. Lavana laughed a bit finding the whole thing mildly amusing.

"It's a pleasure Faith, I am Lavana Tharn

She wouldn't throw the Biqaq under the wagon and say she was labeled a criminal, the mortal born had her back. Naive in trust maybe but not stupid. As she took responsibility for the cultists make over.
word count: 1297
Freya DuCarinos
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

She waited, paused at the door while the man leaned into her side, his weight heavy and almost fully upon her. What was with this man? Being so close to him now, Freya realized that the blue veins she’d seen before where now bulging and appeared to glow softly against the abyssal darkness that was a Cylus night. By the Gods, who one earth was this man and why was he glowing in the dark? She wanted him off of her, more so now than before, having realized he might have been in worse shape than what she’d previously thought.
Worried, startled green eyes shot up, not having heard the dog nor the woman approach as Freya had been engulfed in shock. “I-I…” Was all she mustered up before turning to the man that hung off her. It seemed the woman understood what was going on and gave direction before Freya could utter another jumbled sentence. Nodding, the Biqaj dragged the man with her, Lavana helping to carry him on his other side now as the three scuttled away towards a shed like structure in the back of the house. Having the gate opened for them, Freya followed quietly until they were inside the shelter (while taking notice of the weapon on the woman’s hip), and dumped the cultist rather rudely in a chair next to the healer. Freya straightened him and huffed, shrugging her shoulders in such a way towards Lavana as if to say, ‘Do you really have to do that?’
Taking direction yet again, Freya felt around for the familiar edge of a tinderbox on the shelves before taking to lighting the candles one at a time. It was at this point she was able to see all parties. The cultist’s veins still glowed very faintly, but the healer, she was decked out in markings and appeared more as a witch than anything else. The Pirate Trafficker decided it was best to keep distance between them both as Lavana went into an explanation. It seemed rather chalked up, not suspiciously as that was the truth Freya had told Lavana, but the only person who knew of the truth was the biqaj standing rather quietly in the corner. Questionably quiet.
The woman’s pale eye fell onto Freya’s green ones and remained there, as if trying to peel back layers just with a look to find what clues were needed to heal the man. Freya frowned and crossed her arms, as if that would save her from that crystal gaze.
“Aphina,” She gave her name, looking to Lavana as she tapped her foot nervously. What was it about this tiny woman that made Freya uncomfortable?
“He attacked me,” Was her confession, “I don’t know what he was trying to do but he was strong enough to subdue me… I assumed what he wanted was of the sexual nature but the scuffle didn’t last long enough for me to find out, thankfully. She tore him off me,” Freya nodded towards Lavana, “And blows exchange. I wanted him pinned to question him. There’s been recent kidnappings, people being criminalized and branded for things they never did. One woman was dragged from her room at the tavern I’ve rented a room with… I spoke to the poor girl before hand and now her face is ruined. I thought maybe he might have been the culprit who’d done that to her, but he’s… insane.” Freya sighed and took an obvious step away from the man in the chair. “His veins are glowing blue and he kept muttering something about the Hands of Justice.”
“Lavana decided to take matters into her own hands before I could make sense of his lunacy and dropped an ember into his eye. We need answers from him, but now I fear he’s beyond help. That is why we’ve brought him to you. Noami at the Knights Rest said you were the best healer on the Island. So, can you help him?”
After Lavana’s explanation, Freya laughed and pulled a stool out from where it hid underneath a table, taking a seat upon it while turning golden, pink eyes up at the woman, “Do you really expect me to believe that you’re a child of a deity— an Immortal being that knows nothing but destruction at its finest?” Her accented voice asked with perplexity. “Why, in the Great Beyond, would a Mortalborn find themselves in the backwood of Scalvoris Town, in the middle of Cylus?”
Lowering her head, she shook it. “The Immortals are nothing, if not volatile creatures worse than man. Their carnage knows no bounds and they care not the destitution they leave behind. If you are a daughter of Raskalarn, I pity you.”
word count: 808
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”