[Post-Global] Begging Forgiveness

Rising from the stony plateau overlooking the rivers and plains of the western continent, and growing wealthy from the gem stones pulled from this same rocky soil, Etzos is a bastion of independence, eagerly spreading its belief that man should rule Idalos, not be servants of the vain Immortals who nearly destroyed it. But can the different factions set aside their agendas long enough to see this through?

Moderator: Maltruism

Postby Nymph » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:32 am

1st of Zi'da, 717
Time between Emea and the real world was certainly questionable. Ymiden and Edasha and searched the city high and low for signs of their missing champions for nearly three trials. There was not a sniff of magic or another Immortal's sign that might hint as to what happened that day. They had pow-wowed to figure out what they were missing and equally argued, trying to blame the other for this mishap. Eventually the two of them parted ways, intending to continue the investigation on their own.

Ymiden was currently parked in that same alley he had first been in outside the inn when a familiar hand snaked it's way up his bare back. It should have brought him comfort, but a slither of fear slipped up his spine with her fingers. He had been attempting to do this for his beloved and had kept her in the dark for some time now. He should have considered what it might look like now that he had been gone for just about 5 trials. Moving around Idalos in speedy fashion to get his champions here and ensure everything was prepared, plus the fact they were now missing, had preoccupied him heavily. The woman draped herself casually over his shoulder, running a finger down his bicep and back again.

"You have been missing for some time. What trouble are you getting into Ymiden," Moseke's voice chimed gently in his ear. Deep green eyes bounced from him to the inn; evidently his thoughts were focused on whatever was inside that building. She did not even have to consider if he had a bit on the side. She knew him to be adamantly loyal and could not even bring herself to consider it. When he did not immediately respond, Moseke straightened up and refined herself. This clearly was not a moment to be playful.

Before he could respond, there was a very clear change in the atmosphere. A fracture was opening and they were both able to identify it's location as being inside the inn. Ymiden bolted first, upstairs where the champions had originally been placed first. Moseke was slower, investigating the lower floors for suspicious activity. The shirtless man had reacted, but it seemed that he had reacted appropriately. He stood in the doorway to Tei'serin's room where she stood, blinking like a newborn babe in the real world. Behind him, the open door to Patrick's room and the abrupt coughing that echoed from within confirmed that two of three champions had returned. He left Tei'serin to get accustomed to her surrounding so that he might peek next door into Niv's room. She, alongside her bird friend, lay on the bed. Ymiden stumbled back, slumping to the ground. He was exhausted, but incredibly relieved that they were alive and well. Edasha's team had not shown up yet. He gave little thought to their continued disappearance.

"Ymiden? What's going on here?" Moseke grumbled, rounding the corner to the last floor where everyone was. She stood expectantly with hands on her hips.

"It's a very long story," Ymiden mumbled. He could not really explain himself before he discussed with the players as to what exactly happened. They had been transported and he had lost track of them once they disappeared. Had they attained the artifact he had so desperately desired to give to his beloved? By all standards, he had won just by knowing of their safe return. Certainly, their lives meant they had succeeded?

He pushed himself up slowly as the three joined him. With all the questions that ran around his mind, he did not utter one. Instead, he waited to see if one of them would willingly offer the information.

Either that, or lay into him.
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Nymph
Forest Queen

Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Office
Templates
Medals: 12
World Developer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1) Dungeon Master (1)
Mentor (1) Supporter (1) Alpha Testing (1) One Arc Later... (1)
Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1) Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1)

Postby Patrick » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:00 am

He did his best to move, but that best didn't seem enough. Patrick had been so damn tired after that arrow hit, and ever since then he saw nothing but stars ever since. Yet he didn't feel as good as the implication suggested unfortunately, quite the opposite actually as his entire body slightly ached all over. When he woke he stirred with a stiffness as his nerves felt unusual, as though something tore them to shreds and reconnected them. Magical as that sounded, it was far from pleasant when he turned over from his back onto his side. The drunkard groaned and felt his entire head a haze, the grogginess effecting his perception as he continued to roll.

Slip.

He rolled right off the bed and crashed hard on the wooden floor, barely even able to determine how much that hurt at the moment. Still the fall as well as crash induced enough shock, and the residual feeling of his impact did the rest to arouse his dazed mind. "Son of a..." He muttered to himself quietly as he pushed himself up onto his knees, his eyes narrowed after they opened to reveal his location within the inn. "Huh. We're not in the labyrinth anymore..." As he looked at his hands and forearms, he found that his leather gauntlets weren't on. None of his armor had been in fact, just the plain white shirt and the beige pants he'd worn underneath. An inspection of his body led him to learn he was intact, albeit with a new and unusual scar found on his right shoulder. "Well... I'm sure that'll be interesting to talk about later."

He took a stand finally and looked at the foot of his bed, the bag he'd brought along still there just as it was; and beside it his gear which he'd taken with him inside the labyrinth. "Okay. So Everything on me made it back, now what about every one..." He wondered as he looked from his things to the door, which suddenly swung open to reveal the Immortal Ymiden on the other side. It looked as though he were in a panic... But what for? They were only gone for a few Breaks weren't they?... Weren't they? Patrick roamed his way to the doorway as he watched the Immortal search Niv's room, and then finally seem to relax after knowing everyone had been returned. Tei'serin was in the room across from him, and when he noticed her he spared a combined smirk and nod. Then he looked from her to the other person nearby, the other Immortal that he had yet to recognize.

Moseke.

A radiant if not earthly figure for his sight to behold if he were to be honest, Patrick's smirk however lessened as he glanced between both Immortals. "Hang on... Moseke is Ymiden's lady isn't she? She definitely doesn't seem too happy with him at the moment." Ymiden didn't seem to speak very much when she asked him questions, and yet somehow Patrick could only cross his arms and lean into his doorway; with not but a smile on his face as he thought to enjoy the show.
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"If I had one more day to wish, if I had one more day; to be better than I could have ever been."

OOC Note: As of Ashan 717 Patrick has been cursed with Sesser, therefore once a season he's at risk of turning into a Sessfiend. Should the occassion actually come to occur, PC's are warned to consider the extreme risk of injury and even their life; before proceeding to participate in the event. Looking forward to the potential plots and threads to come!
Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +200
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 21
Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (1) First Kiss (1) Heartbreak (1) Drunkard (1)
Murderer (1) Addict (1) History Repeated (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Event Medal (1)

Postby Niv » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:55 am

ImageNiv was certain she had died, her last moments played in her head over and over again. She could still feel the sting of betrayal as Illinis pushed her into the hedges and told the Maze to end her. She could still feel the vines twisting so tight around her limbs that they could be torn off at any moment. Most of all, she finally knew the true agony of fire and what it felt like to have your bark burned completely into ash. Only Teynga were gifted with this knowledge but only after their ashes were laid under the Ojọgbọn tree to be regrown.

They why had she woke up in the same pillow she had been placed on before the Nightmare began? The pillow was soft and delicate but provided her no comfort. Patcha nuzzled his beak against her head but Niv didn’t respond. She felt numb and broken and could only find the will power to stare into nothingness with her sap crusted eyes. Otherwise she was intact with only a few odd scars where she remembered being slashed by that cat.

She only moved when the door flung open to reveal a quick glimpse of her shirtless great great great Grand Papa Ymiden. The immortal gave Niv a quick glimpse and a sigh of relief before slumping back and slumping to the ground. Niv turned her head to look but her body didn’t want to do anything else. Her mind had to find the will to move and find out what was going on. Normally she would spring up and be on her way but on this trial she moved like a beaten sloth. Every moment, even the most simple was a chore but Niv kept pushing and got herself up to look for the immortal.

“We…. didn’t get deh ring.” Niv mumbled as she approached Ymiden with her head looking down to avoid eye contact. She was trembling slightly as she stood before him and hadn’t taken notice of Moseke or the others just yet.

Art credit to Yoshitaka Amano
Niv
Lemon Tree Freeloader

Race: Yludih
Profession: Tiny Sage
Renown: +101
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Medals: 17
Reviewer's Choice (1) Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1)
Painting With Words (1) Vlogger Extraordinaire (1) Guild Master (1) Beta Bot (1)
One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (2) ...ow. (1) Lol Worthy (1)
Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Holiday Event 2016 (1) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Event Medal (1)

Postby Tei'serin Nji'ryn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Tei'serin was awake. How was that possible? She couldn't be awake...she was dead. Wasn't she? The last thing she remembered before waking up was an exhaustion so intense that she couldn't move, couldn't even think. Then came the pain across her throat. Even as exhausted as she was, she had known what that pain had meant. The man...Noth...had killed her. Being awake meant that she was alive, and that was impossible. Unless everything had been nothing more than a terrible nightmare? That didn't seem possible either since you weren't supposed to feel pain in nightmares.

Her awareness didn't fade, though. Instead, it grew sharper. She became aware that she was lying on a bed. Vague, fleeting images of Noth talking to her in the maze after he killed her warred with memories of her death. None of it explained why she was here now when it shouldn't be possible. Tei'serin sat up, and looked around slowly. She didn't recognize the room she was in, but she saw that everything she had had with her in the maze was at the foot of the bed she was sitting on. Her hand absently rose up to her throat. Tei'serin could feel a faint ridge of raised flesh where Noth's talon had slit her throat. A scar. A scar from an injury she couldn't possibly have survived. How was any of this possible?

She wasn't going to learn anything if she stayed where she was, so Tei'serin stood slowly. It felt as though she was trying to think through a thick fog. Nothing made any sense. A closer examination of the room she was in didn't give her any more information as to where she was, or how she was still alive...if she was. But a familiar flutter in her belly told her that her unborn child was still alive within her.

The door was open, and Ymiden appeared briefly. Ymiden. His request to get the halo so he could give it to Moseke. She had failed. What must he think of her? What would Moseke think when she learned of her failure? Dread filled her, making her heart ache. But it did make her feel a little more alert. She saw Patrick standing in the hall. He nodded at her, offering her a smirk. What did that mean?

She wanted answers, so she left the room in search of them. The others were there; Patrick, and the wooden doll...no, the Tuniwa. Niv. Ymiden and Moseke were there, too. Tei'serin stared at the floor, feeling a deep sense of shame warring with her confusion. She had failed, and it seemed as though the others had, too. "We" didn't get the ring, Niv said. Tei'serin nodded at Niv's words.

"We failed. I'm sorry." she said quietly.

She had tried her best. It hadn't been enough. But there was nothing else she could have done. As soon as Noth had attacked her, her fate had been sealed. And yet...even with her failure, she couldn't help but feel a tiny seed of accomplishment, too. Nothing could change the fact that she had failed. But...she hadn't made it easy for Noth to kill her. She had fought back with everything she had. For once in her life, she had fought back. And it might not have accomplished anything in the end, but she hadn't simply given up and accepted her fate. Tei'serin wasn't sure what that meant, but it felt important to her somehow.
Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character

Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: +153
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Medals: 14
Painting With Words (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (2) ...ow. (1)
First Kiss (1) Immortal Lover (1) Legend In Waiting (1) Vhalar 716 (1)
Holiday Event 2016 (1) Cylus 717 Thread Challenge (1) Cylus 717 PC/Dev Challenge (1) Cylus 717 All Star (1)
Event Medal (1)

Postby Nymph » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:31 am

"They failed? Failed at what? Ymiden, what did you make these mortals do?"

Even though Moseke considered many mortals her children, she still considered the separation between them. Mortals and Immortals had clearly marked differences with one of them being their resilience to continue living. If this mission has been dangerous, why would her beloved send breakable creatures to do his bidding. Why hadn't he gone himself? Moseke took a few steps forward, sensing that one of the three had Sevrath. To think that Ymiden had manipulated even one of her own devoted to do his bidding was abhorrent. She came to stand before Tei'serin, blocking Patrick's view of her. Of course, that gave him plenty of other things to look at given that she wore a basic deer tunic and ran about the world barefoot like her Sev'ryn children might have.

Ymiden, in the meantime, reached down to scoop up Niv in his massive hands as she came to reside at his feet. He was slow to lift her up to his level, unsure what damage she might have suffered in the time that they had been gone. "My child, Aläïwä would be incredibly disappointed in me if I were to accept that apology. I have failed you," Ymiden started, a deep pang echoing in his heart. He pulled his hands close to Niv might be able to sit on his shoulder or climb atop his head; whichever made her feel safest. He then looked to Patrick and Tei'serin.

"I have failed all of you," Ymiden conceded with a sigh. "Moseke, we were approached by Cassion to collect a series of artifacts; four to be exact. Myself, Edasha, and our chosen champions elected to go after the Halo. We do not know what it does, we simply know our cousin wants it. I entered this transaction in hopes to get the artifact for you. I know how much you desire..."

"Enough."

Ymiden fell silent at her command. The reality was that he did not know more than that. The champions had been transported here. Edasha and Ymiden would be given further information once the staging was completed. What they hadn't expected was that the mortals would be whisked away by an unknown force to an unknown place to complete an unknown task.

"My child. I need to see what you have seen. Will you...?" Moseke lifted her hands up, holding them just off the sides of Tei'serin's head until she was given permission to investigate a serious of events that had transpired beyond their vision. Moseke would not have been able to do this with the others. Sevrath allowed her a connection with Tei'serin that she had not yet established with the other two. It was not a power she used frequently, given how intrusive it was. Once Tei'serin gave her permission, Moseke made the connection by gently setting her hands on either side of her temples.

The maze was beautiful, a work of art of living magic. There was a woman and four other mortals aside from Ymiden's three. The mission was to collect a series of tiles and form the answer to the riddle. It seemed straight forward until a black figured barred her way. Feathers of black and a mace that exuded fear. Moseke saw Tei'serin fight and she observed the maze create for her beyond the normal powers of Sevrath. Moseke then witnessed her die. Her memory then skipped until she was waking up in the room moments ago. Moseke released her, reaching up for her own neck while her eyes glided down to Tei'serins. The wicked scar would forever be a reminder of what happened in that maze.

"You died. Fighting for your child and what you believed in. You perished in a world you didn't understand to bring him an artifact for me..."

"She died? If so, did you die Niv? And you...?" Ymiden questioned, staring at Patrick. His voice sort of faded when he met Moseke's steeled gaze of green. She was incredibly unhappy with him and there would be no stopping her wrath if she chose to act on it.
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Nymph
Forest Queen

Office
Templates

Postby Tei'serin Nji'ryn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Tei'serin's eyes rose to meet Ymiden's glance with startled confusion. He had failed her? How? He had asked her and the others to get the halo for him. Instead of doing so, she had failed in the task. Worse, she had died. As a result, she had failed her unborn child, and Ziell in the process. But she wasn't about to say anything just now. She was too uncertain of what was going on to say something before she got more information. Given the last thing she remembered before waking up here, she couldn't even be entirely certain whether she was alive or dead.

So instead, she listened carefully as Ymiden spoke of a series of artifacts, of which the halo they had been trying to get was one of four. The others in the maze had been serving Edasha, the Immortal of beauty, jealously, sight, and adultery. That gave Tei'serin pause. Hadn't Noth been in the maze on Vri's request? Did this mean that he had lied to her? That was certainly possible, though Tei'serin couldn't imagine why he would have bothered. He had killed her; who did he think she was going to tell anything he told her to? The other possibility was that Ymiden didn't know that Noth wasn't serving Edasha. That seemed unlikely to Tei'serin. Did it matter either way? Probably not, and Tei'serin dismissed the thought in favor on concentrating on the rest of Ymiden's words.

He told Moseke that Cassion had asked him to get the artifacts, and that he himself didn't know what the halo did. That gave Tei'serin even more to think about. If Cassion was the one who wanted the artifacts, then why did Ymiden want to give the halo to Moseke as a gift? Especially when he didn't know what it was used for? Tei'serin considered asking Ymiden just that, but Moseke's request of her drove all thought of questioning Ymiden from her mind.

"Yes." she said simply when Moseke asked her to show her what had happened.

Her trust in Moseke was absolute, and her love for her was equally strong, so there really wasn't any other answer. If Moseke asked something of her, she would give it gladly. Tei'serin found herself reliving her time in the maze in rapid succession. It hurt, both due to the dizzying speed with which the memories flew by, and because she was being forced to relive memories that were very painful for her. But she didn't try to resist. She trusted that Moseke wouldn't ask this of her if it weren't truly needed, and she knew that Moseke wouldn't deliberately hurt her if there was any other choice.

When it was over, her head ached fiercely. She couldn't help a slight wince as her head throbbed. But when Moseke spoke, she was quick to respond with a nod.

"Yes." she agreed simply.

There really wasn't anything else she could say. Moseke's words suggested that the maze had been in another world. The idea that there were other worlds besides this one was both fascinating, and terrifying at the same time. But it also gave her hope; if she had died in another world, then perhaps she was still alive in this one.
Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character

Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: +153
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Medals: 14
Painting With Words (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (2) ...ow. (1)
First Kiss (1) Immortal Lover (1) Legend In Waiting (1) Vhalar 716 (1)
Holiday Event 2016 (1) Cylus 717 Thread Challenge (1) Cylus 717 PC/Dev Challenge (1) Cylus 717 All Star (1)
Event Medal (1)

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Patrick's observation of the two benevolent beings led him to realize there was more to them, more than he'd ever given them credit for when he reflected on them entirely. To him Immortals were just super powerful entities that did whatever they wanted, with little regard to those who were lesser than them other than either stomping them into the dirt... or manipulating them to do whatever machination the entity wanted of them. Now though when he saw how both Ymiden and Moseke acted... they reminded him of a quality he didn't expect them to demonstrate.

They were essentially human.

Least they reacted the way humans did which surprised him, something he not once ever considered a possibility before. The smile on his face seemed to wear off then, once this realization came to sink within the core of his mentality. Tei'serin looked to worse for wear just as Niv did, and Patrick could imagine that she felt the same as he did... if not worse. Apparently they'd died within the maze. An outcome that didn't seem so pleasing to discover, and just when Moseke herself came to stand with her ass end in line of Patrick's sight. The finely lined curves of her figure just perfectly outlined by the hide dress she was adorned with, one could've easily assumed to touch it would've been to touched divinity at it's finest. It probably would've been the only chance he'd have to admire her backside, and while he would've without a doubt stood there watching for as long as he could... He found the need to admire an Immortal's beautiful ass a little less urgent at the moment. Somehow.

Curiously he twisted around and gripped the edge of his shirt, the fabric pulled into a roll from the top of his shoulders. With his torso now bare he was able to see himself, the part of which he wanted to look at within the mirror at least. There were no new marks or nicks made which meant nobody... nobody seemed to actually kill him when he fell asleep within the maze. All that remained was that one imprint of the leaf on his right shoulder, which when he touched felt like a genuine scar even though it's shape proved completely unusual. They all had their own sort of scars out of this battle, or so it would seem anyhow, but there wasn't a mark to imply he'd suffered a lethal blow. So what happened? Did the poison completely run it's course? He remembered being so tired after that arrow plunged into his shoulder...

With a twist back to the entryway of his room he found himself asked by Ymiden, if he had also somehow died within the maze just as the other two. The smug grins he commonly wore when he would converse with another didn't seem to have a place here, as he could only reflect back to the hazy last moment of his short battle. And everything they suffered was for some artifact that Ymiden wanted for Moseke... But by the sound of it he didn't really know what the artifact actually was. "I... I dunno." He shook his head in disappointment. "When I went out it was due to some sort of poison, I was out cold before I could continue to fight." He emphasized as he leaned into the doorway again, this time his eyes into the space of the hallway. They all could've died, the all sort of did die; all for the sake of some trinket the Immortal didn't quite understand.

Now that he wondered more about it, that halo artifact seemed more and more important for some reason. And this other Immortal, Cassion was his name? Did he trick Ymiden and a few of the others into getting it? It seemed like the Immortals were more like humans than Patrick realized, some were naive and others were just as manipulative as the next average man. With the shirt he took off still in his hand Patrick looked from his new scar to Niv, a few unusual lines found decorating her form from the arduous struggle she'd endured in that maze. He felt his own heart pang for a trill, something he didn't expect to occur so suddenly. Both of his teammates were slain while he... Fates only knew what actually happened to him in there. He felt so ashamed that he failed, not Ymiden or Moseke, but his companions within the reaches of that Labyrinth. With a clear of his throat Patrick turned away to face his things, his back to the lot as he quickly pulled his shirt back on.

He should've known better than to go off on some strange journey that would've gotten others killed, if it were his brother and not him there then maybe things would've changed. Dominek would've been the hero they needed, backing them up and making sure everyone made it out alive. Pat? He was too worried about himself the whole time, then come time to actually prove something he slipped up and ruined it for everyone. He felt such disappointment that he cleared throat again, this time a little softer to avoid creating the sob he nearly made. He sat down on the bed and pulled his things closer, determined to make sure everything he brought had been exactly where he left it. He wasn't sure why but he felt like he needed to leave, that he didn't deserve to be near any of these people for his failure.

Odd how sudden it'd come up, but his feelings were obviously getting too strong here; and that spelled danger to the two he felt for. If his own shadow were to pick a time to appear, it would be now since he just admitted to himself the care he had in his heart for them. "Somethin' about the air here doesn't sit well with me." He murmured with a forced chuckle as he pretended to be okay, hopeful that nobody would see behind the facade he relied on so much.

Right now he could use a pretty strong drink.

"If I had one more day to wish, if I had one more day; to be better than I could have ever been."

OOC Note: As of Ashan 717 Patrick has been cursed with Sesser, therefore once a season he's at risk of turning into a Sessfiend. Should the occassion actually come to occur, PC's are warned to consider the extreme risk of injury and even their life; before proceeding to participate in the event. Looking forward to the potential plots and threads to come!
Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Event Medal (1)

Postby Niv » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:20 pm

ImageNiv’s posture closed in as Ymiden questioned her on something she hadn’t fully come to terms with. She wanted to run away from the situation and pretend like what had happened in the maze hadn’t taken. She closed her eyes and tried to find some semblance of calm, she couldn’t just walk away from her friends let alone Moseke and Ymiden.

“I…” Her lower lip began to quiver and sappy tears welled up in her eyes. “I was set on fire…” Niv looked down unable to make eye contact. Saying the words gave them more weight, she really had been set on fire. Patrick and Tei’serin had been in the same place as Niv and faced similar fates. Tei even had to face the loss of her child and the young tunawa could only imagine how traumatic that would be. It was all too take all at once and she soon found herself erupting into uncontrollable sobbing.

Ymiden was clearly in trouble with Moseke for putting them in peril but this wasn’t his fault…was it? It was just a ring, how would Ymiden know that there was people willing to kill someone for it. There was clearly information that Ymiden hadn’t know or hadn’t shared with the group. There was absolutely no way that Ymiden would purposely do harm, so it had to be that scary horned women. She had taken them to that strange place and set up the game for the ring, she must have tricked poor Ymiden. Like Ilinis had tricked her.

“It was all dat lady wid deh horns, She’s to blame not Ymiden!” Niv clenched her fist and practically growled with sudden anger “She tricked grand Papa don’t be mad at him.” As horrible as she felt, Niv couldn’t stand Ymiden taking the blame when she knew who the real culprit was.

Sorry for the late reply

Art credit to Yoshitaka Amano
Niv
Lemon Tree Freeloader

Race: Yludih
Profession: Tiny Sage
Renown: +101
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Medals: 17
Reviewer's Choice (1) Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1)
Painting With Words (1) Vlogger Extraordinaire (1) Guild Master (1) Beta Bot (1)
One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (2) ...ow. (1) Lol Worthy (1)
Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Holiday Event 2016 (1) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Event Medal (1)

Postby Nymph » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Moseke stood as still and as strong as a great tree in the middle of a quiet forest, the breeze whispering around its trunk, as she looked at Tei'serin. She had heard Niv's story. Besides a weapon made from the Heaven tree, fire was the only way to truly kill a Tunawa. Moseke knew the being that had appeared in Tei'serin's memory. Emerath was an Emean being that had a knack for exploiting the weaknesses of others in a manipulative game. She was rarely seen by the Immortals unless she was called upon; and someone had called upon her to weave a dangerous game. Patrick even appeared to have suffered some sort of incapacitation. It had not been to the degree that Niv and Tei'serin had suffered, but it was certainly suffering. Helplessness was something she never wished upon anyone even if most mortals felt it at some point in their life.

Niv broke the silence that had enveloped them all after the stories had been shared. Ymiden wanted to reach up and calm her down, prevent her from further enraging Moseke. He rarely ever saw her angry, but he could tell that it was building. Niv's words caused her to roll her shoulders and turn to the Immortal and his creation. She smiled to Niv. "Child, I do not blame him for what Emerath did to the three of you. Emean beings are fickle creatures, uncontrollable to some degree. Someone called her to make that maze. For what reason, I do not know; we may never know."

She probably could have gone on in their Common tongue, inviting them to listen to the argument that was about to ensure between the two of them. Instead, her language changed completely to something ethereal and distant that Patrick, Niv, and Tei'serin might not have heard before. It was the Ancient language. Her voice was commanding and there was a subtle hint of anger and power to the words, much like gravel or thorns on a delicate plant. They might not understand her for a short period of time, but the point of the conversation would be clear. She was angry and Ymiden would be held accountable for his actions.

"You sent mortals into Emea to face Emerath?!"

"I did not send them to Emea! Cassion wanted us to play a game to get a group of artifacts. I did not know what the challenge would be when I called upon them to do this!"

Ymiden's own voice was warm and forceful. It was evident that their voices radiated their domains. He reached up to pick Niv up off his shoulder and set her on the ground just in case Moseke decided to get physical. Her eyes flashed, her body squared upon him. She did not cross her arms like a portly, angry mother might. Her fingers were kinked and twitching, extending and flexing like an angry beast's claws in the dirt evaluating when to pounce.

"Never again. Never again will I hear that you are using mortals as pawns in some master plan of yours to get something you could have gotten yourself."

"I have not done anything that you have not bef-"

With the Immortal speed, the three in their presence would not have seen her move. One trill she was standing before Tei'serin, in complete view of Patrick who was hiding in his room. The next she was barely avoiding stepping on Niv as she closed the distance between them, striking Ymiden with an open palm. It was thunderous for there was a great deal of rage behind it. Ymiden's head was whipped from its upright position to a double over position. Moseke's arm looked like cracked stone for another trill or two before it became the soft flesh once more.

"You have no idea of what you speak of. Never again. Now fix what you have done and beg them for the forgiveness you take such pride in."

Moseke turned away from Ymiden, gracefully returning to Tei'serin's side. He did not rub the area as it did not appear red or injured in any fashion. Instead, he lowered himself to one knee and focused on Niv again. The display did not seem to effect him. Even if it was witnessed by three others, Moseke and him treated it as if it were a private affair. "Niv, that ring I gave you at your tea party. Will you get it for me? There is something I would like you to have. Meet me in Patrick's room."

While Niv was getting the item, Ymiden disappeared into Patrick's room, leaving Tei'serin with Moseke. "Men can have the best intentions, even if their execution is poorly thought of. We have previously come to the agreement that while our blessed solely by Immortal that gave them the Mark. Ymiden cannot give you anything in particular to aid in your journey, but you have bloomed since we first met my child. Your tree will continue to grow up and outward..."

As she said that, Tei'serin would feel a strange sensation across her breast as the tiny seedling of her Sevrath mark grew. It would begin to have tiny leaves and show hints at the type of tree that would be the representation of her relationship with Moseke. Each Sevrath marked had a slightly different tree. Some were weeping willows, free and fluid in their behaviors and beliefs. Some were strong and tall, firm in their values. Tei'serin still had a great deal of growing to do, but Moseke expected her tree to be beautiful in its own unique way. "I need you to do something for me before we meet again Tei'serin. Become strong. I do not like force as a means to get others to bow to your will; however, I need my blessed to be able to protect themselves. Can you do that for me?"

Meanwhile, Patrick seemed to be so deep in his self pity that Ymiden wasn't even sure that he had seen what had occurred in the hallway. He leaned against the simple in the inn's room, shaking his head. "For a Sessfiend, I am somewhat surprised to hear that you fell to a little bit of poison."

Ymiden had known that Patrick had been marked by Syroa since Niv's tea party. The silver bite wounds were hard to miss when clothing was moved even in the slightest way. "Bearing a curse like Syroa's can be difficult. The ring that I gave you in Emea; do you still have it? If so, find it and wear it. Never take it off. You'll see that is bears markings in my language. It has become an artifact for you and will prevent the curse from changing you; however, the beast's rage will only build in its cage and still requires release. You will need to find a way to let it out..."

At that point, his voice got darker and gloomier, as if the words that he bore next were a heavy burden to be shared. "Syroa is a powerful bitch. Removing her curses takes a great deal of repentance. Before I can remove it, you must truly understand what it is to be forgiven. To achieve true forgiveness, you must shed this life and pass into the next. Emerath tried to get you to understand that in her world. Now you must seek it in this world."

Before he could answer any questions, Niv came in carrying her ring. Ymiden knelt down to take the ring from her before offering her a small, almond-sized seed. Aside from giving him time to have a private discussion with Patrick, there appeared to be no reason for him to take the small ring from her. Then again, maybe there had been something about it...

"Fire is a terrible way to go. Take this seed," It appeared to be a normal seed, lightweight and pure white. "From the ashes of many Tunawa, I give to you an opportunity to be reborn. You will need to identify two donors to activate this seed; but, it can be a powerful gift if primed, planted, and given the love and care it deserves."

OOC/Artifacts
Quick little note: The glowing text is Moseke and Ymiden speaking in the Ancient Language. No one will be able to understand what is being said, but you might be able to feel that it is a strange, powerful, and unique language. The conversation and the body language can be interpreted as heated.

Tei'serin
    You have been elevated to the level of Adored Sevrath. Moseke has given you an additional quest. Before you can become Exalted Sevrath, she wants you to be able to protect yourself. You must at least become Expert level in some sort of self-protecting skill: weapon, unarmed, etc. This will play into how you get the next level of Sevrath later, so let me know when you reach that point and we can continue forward on your journey to Moseke's Champion.

Patrick:
    The Banded Sessfiend: This artifact is a pair of identical rings that has been etched with the Ancient Language. The symbols have a faint orange-yellow glow, as if the faint light of dawn is protecting you. One ring is to be worn by the Cursed at all times. To prevent the cursed from taking on the Sessfiend form, they are to give the sister ring to a unrepentant person and transfer the curse for that evening. By completing this transference, Patrick remains unaffected by Syroa's curse and under the radar from her attention. If he is unable to find an unrepentant person, he will either under go the change or lock of the rage within his own ring. By penning up the rage within the artifact, he runs the risk of incurring Syroa's rage or releasing a stronger beast if the artifact were to be removed or broken.

Niv:
    Rebirthing Seed: Ashes to ashes and dust to dust. Fire consumes Tunawa, leaving them unable to be reborn at the Heaven Tree; however, this particular seed has been grown from the ashes of a many Tunawa that have succumbed to fire. It is currently the only one of its kind. If the owner of the seed were to be killed by fire, they have the opportunity to be reborn anew from this seed; however, the seed need to be primed with life. To prime the seed, a male and a female need to offer a drop of blood to the seed and become the new Mother and Father to the Reborn. The seed can then be planted in a safe place awaiting activation through a fire death. The Reborn will be come back mostly the same plus a trait from each donor parent. It is advised that the donor parents are chosen carefully, as the traits gifted to the Reborn can be good or bad.

I will post one last time of them leaving after you all post in response. It will be short and it will contain your grade, so please add your desired knowledges to your next post.
Nymph
Forest Queen

Office
Templates

Postby Patrick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:57 am

He'd found himself a little distracted with the events of the labyrinth and how responsible he was for failing his teammates, but still at present when it seemed like the power couple gathered here argued. Moseke was undoubtedly furious of the fact they were sent there, that mortals were being conned to do the bidding of her lover. Niv even took to stand up for her alleged father and creator, which Moseke of course agreed he wasn't to blame in the situation. It was that Emean being they struggled to deal with, the gamekeeper of the labyrinth named Emerath. What it guarded was the halo but what they didn't know, was what that halo did or why Ymiden wanted them to obtain it either. No... that wasn't it.

Ymiden had good intentions undoubtedly, but it sounded like he too was conned into something. If Cassion wanted the halo that is... Immortals were manipulating Immortals apparently, suddenly it seemed as though they were far more like mortals than Patrick cared to credit. There came something else though, a definite change that very much reminded him that they were indeed ancient beings from time immemorial. What sort of language was that?! He'd never heard of such a thing spoken in his life, and the words felt even further tied into the domains they walked. Moseke clearly being the motherly figure that she was, and Ymiden being the warm and forgiving father his presence tended to project.

Then with such immeasurable speed that not even Pat could hope to mimic with his Blinking, Moseke seemed to interject on Ymiden with a serious smack to the cheek. His eyes widened as he couldn't help but feel his jaw drop, practically smash into the floor were it not attached to his face. "Daaaaaaaaaaamn." His mind resounded as she unquestionably hit him harder than any mortal could handle, and Ymiden just stood there and took it without another word yet alone any real reaction as to the event. He just... took it. Suddenly his stomach clenched a little as he couldn't imagine enduring such wrath, if he had suffered such a thing from an Immortal then surely... it'd been the very death of him.

Niv was asked by Ymiden to retrieve the ring he'd left for her from their little tea party in the Emea, somehow Patrick still felt weird at how that little gathering seemed to unfold. Then Ymiden came into his room... his room. Patrick knew this wasn't going to go very well for him, not when it was obvious he felt completely miserable for his past actions. He still wished Dominek were alive. He wanted to have his older brother back so badly now, Dom always knew what to do while he would just... fek everything he touched up! That was his damnable curse after all, not this Sessfiend mark he received from Syroa! Sure that left a more metaphysical mark instead, but all throughout his life Patrick had been raised with terrible luck. Everything. Literally everything he touched would surely turn into shit. "Had to be potent stuff... Even the fiend was out before anything could happen." He muttered as he admitted the surprise was indeed a hard pill to swallow.

Yet how long did Ymiden really know? Since their first encounter? Evidently he was far more observant than what Patrick gave credit for, yet again an issue he needed to check before another Immortal bitch slap him. Like Moseke did with Ymiden... He mentioned the ring he left behind for the three, mainly the one he left for Patrick and that caused a reaction. Finally. He swallowed hard and narrowed his eyes a little on Ymiden, unsure why the ring proved important in this particular moment. "Yeah, I've kept it near me for a while now." He answered and not a moment too soon, as the Immortal made it clear why the ring seemed important.

It prevented the changes.

Patrick's eyes widened as he fished the ring out of his pocket, the unusual markings embedded still gave off their faint glow in his palm. He needed to wear it at all times then, never remove it lest risk the chance of the beast coming out. Even then he still required a way to release the rage within, something that made him feel uncomfortable just thinking about it. He might've blacked out often come those times, but Patrick could easily remember the shape he turned into once that monster came out... Something as terrifying as that shouldn't be allowed to exist in the world. Yet... here he was. He nodded and slipped the ring on the index finger of his left hand, his eyes moved from it to Ymiden as he felt safer wearing it.

Evidently the removal of his curse wouldn't be easy at all, something which required him to truly understand forgiveness. Why? What was there to understand? Clearly he had a lot to think over when Ymiden elaborated, the words an echo in his mind as he tried to think it over. Shed this life and pass into the next... That was what the gamekeeper wanted him to learn? Patrick still didn't understand it even though he wanted to, desperately in fact, learn what it really meant to learn that sort of meaning of forgiveness. He opened his mouth to try and ask a question, but refrained as he noticed Niv had entered with her ring as well. So he waited.

He took Niv's ring and in turn imparted to her a plain white seed, with the explanation of what it's significance would be to Niv. Rebirth? So she was given a means to be reborn in this world, and required two separate donors in order to achieve this somehow. In a sense that connected her to whoever gave consent, an interesting thought that somehow lightened the somber mood Patrick was in. It was a shame he couldn't use that sort of thing for his dead brother. Moseke though... she was the Immortal of Life was she not? Maybe...

After Niv would have her chance to say something Patrick would look to Ymiden first and clear his throat, hopeful he might have a few final answers before their meeting would soon end. "Ymiden. I've never asked for much in life, everythin' I've ever owned I've struggled to earn. I'd like to know actually how... I might find this understanding you say I need? That and I... Was hoping I could ask Moseke something as well. Something about life in general? Is it possible that she can bring back the ones we love? Give them a second chance at life when their first was cut off so..." He swallowed hard as he felt himself ready to choke again, the memory of Dominek's bloodied body surfaced in his mind. "Sudden." He managed to croak finally as he looked down to the floor.

Whatever the answers were Patrick would listen, and do his best to for once give considerable thought to the Immortals.

Off Topic
Desired Knowledges!
Generic
  • Cassion: A Cousin To Ymiden?
  • Cassion: Hunting For Four Artifacts?
  • Immortals: Can Connect To Their Marked
  • Moseke: Immortal of Earth, Stone, Nature, Life
  • Moseke: A Motherly Figure
  • Moseke: Has A Nasty Temper
  • Niv: Burned Alive During Emerath's Game
  • Niv: Has Spunk For A Tunawa
  • Niv: Has A Chance For Rebirth
  • Tei'serin: Marked By Moseke
  • Tei'serin: Sacrificed During Emerath's Game
  • Personal: Scarred From The Maze?
  • Personal: Not A Hero, Certainly Not 'Hero" Material
  • Personal: Missing Your Older Brother
  • Personal: The Crippling Reality of Failure
  • Personal: A Chance For Redemption?
  • Ymiden: Can Take A Hit
  • Ymiden: Can Remove the Sessfiend Curse
  • Ymiden: Wants You To Learn True Forgiveness

Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Event Medal (1)

Next

Return to Etzos