a coding question

Here you can ask questions relating to the Standing Trials roleplay to everyone in the community. All members are welcome to assist here.

a coding question

Postby Jedith Skylar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:04 pm

If this has been asked here in the Questions & Answers section before, then my apologies for not finding it. Moreover, given personal limitations I will have to ask most of my questions in this forum, but I shall attempt to be succinct on each. For those that know the coding parameters, what are the values required to have two style sections side by side? By this I mean having two directly parallel, as if they were two pages in an open book? I hope this is clear; my thanks.

The ugliest 12 arc old in Idalos.

Mildly useful info
The writer for Jedith is blind, errors are to be expected; he would appreciate it if you'd point them out when you notice them. Also Discord is a total impossibility at present, so PM or talk to him on his journal page, thanks.
Jedith Skylar

Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Player Review
Templates

a coding question

Postby Nymph » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 am

Jedith,

You essentially need two styles and manipulate them so they are side-by-side. I know of a CS that used them. That is linked below.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3947#p20945

The first box would be on the right, represented by the stuff in the style 2 coding. A second style 2 coding down at the bottom is the column on the left. Essentially you leave the bottom style 2 (left box) as simple as it gets and you restrict the parameters of the first style 2 code with width, height, and location by the float:right.

You can ignore the style 3 and style codes as that just helps with pictures and other stuff associated with this CS.
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Nymph
Forest Queen

Race: Mer
Office
Templates
Medals: 12
World Developer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1) Dungeon Master (1)
Mentor (1) Supporter (1) Alpha Testing (1) One Arc Later... (1)
Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1) Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1)

a coding question

Postby Muse » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Like Nymph said, it's totally possible!

If you'd like someone to build a code for you, you're welcome to send me the parameters you're looking for and I can send you the code to use. I'm happy to help!
Muse
Your A-Muse-ment, Always

Race: Prophet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 1
Mentor (1)

a coding question

Postby Jedith Skylar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had trouble finding the thread for a couple of days. Nymph I particularly appreciate the example, since it will help me figure it out. Muse, that's a very kind offer, and I may take you up on it in a few days.

The ugliest 12 arc old in Idalos.

Mildly useful info
The writer for Jedith is blind, errors are to be expected; he would appreciate it if you'd point them out when you notice them. Also Discord is a total impossibility at present, so PM or talk to him on his journal page, thanks.
Jedith Skylar

Race: Mixed Race
Character Sheet
Player Review
Templates

Return to Questions & Answers