• Closed • Family Bonding (Faith)

36th of Ymiden 718

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Rey'na
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Mistwalker
Renown: 173
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Family Bonding (Faith)

36th Ymiden, 718

"You're off already?" George asked, raising an eyebrow as he sure Rey'na equipping her gear again. It wasn't as if she had work to do today, but she'd decided to come in anyway for the sake of training. Yet she hadn't done much of that either, instead she was rushing with anticipation for the adventure ahead, spending time with Faith and loving their time together. It would be the first thing like this that they'd done, and hopefully it would be a fun time for the two of them.
"Yeah, got a day out planned with my sister" she smiled back at him, setting her spear on her back, followed by the shield over it. Curiosity covering his features, George raised an eyebrow, glancing to the weapons on her back. "Is your sister dangerous enough that you have to carry weapons with you?" he teased, giving a small wink to the girl.

With a playful laugh, Rey shoved past him to the exit, turning back with a wave before making her way to Faith's house. Fortunately, she didn't have to cross the bridge this time, as Faith was expecting her and the two had agreed to go out instead of stay in. With Sunguard and Windsong on her back, Rey'na made her way towards the bridge, glancing around the beautiful streets as she did. It was a beautiful trial, and the girl loved it. As she went, small smiles were given to any that glanced her way, almost all of them returned.
Eventually, Rey'na found herself by the bridge, and as expected was Faith. What Faith might initially find weird would be the gear Rey had, none of which she had seen before. All of it was fairly valuable, though Windsong was by far the most expensive, the crystal cover glimmering in the bright light. With a friendly grin, Rey stopped just before her sister, offering a hug.

"It's good to see you" she said excitedly. "Where are we headed?"
word count: 344
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Family Bonding (Faith)

36th Ymiden 718

Faith was excited to be spending the trial with Rey'na. She had things to show her, things which she hoped her sister would be pleased to see. It had been an emotional time for both of them and it had been hard, telling Rey'na that they were leaving Scalvoris so soon after Rey had come here, but her sister had been kind and positive. Having found each other, Faith had promised her that they would not lose each other again. Rey'na always had a home where Faith was. She returned Rey'na's hug and her smile showed her delight. "It's good to see you too, you look great. New things?" There was no doubting it, Faith was not a violent person but it had to be said that she had her sword strapped to her belt. This was her - anything could, and often did, happen. "I thought we could maybe have a picnic on a beach? I prepared food for us," and if she had that with her anywhere, she didn't seem to have prepared much at all.

As they walked, Faith couldn't quite help but look at the spear and shield. "Those are beautiful." The spear, especially, was something which Faith had to admit looked good. As they walked together, just how well known Faith was in Scalvoris was obvious. She was greeted by most people, and she smiled and returned the greeting - always remembering their names. She had her arm in Rey'na's and she was more than happy to chat.

"I know that I tend towards fussing, but I've bought you something," Faith said quietly. She smiled and glanced at her sister, aware that Rey was probably about to argue, or tell her she shouldn't. "I spent so long not being able to own anything, I couldn't give gifts, because I couldn't own." Now that she could, it gave her inordinate pleasure, Faith said and besides, they had a lot of arcs to catch up on together. Walking with her sister, she led them down towards the beach, but stopped at a house which sat on the beachfront. It was just on the outskirts of town and Faith nodded to it. "Want to go explore?" She smiled and motioned to the house. "I hope you like it. I wanted to know that you have somewhere safe to live and train and things." Her silver and red eyes regarded her sister and she waited to see if she did.
word count: 426
Life, Death and the In-Between .
Rey'na
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Family Bonding (Faith)

"Yeah, just a couple of new items. I recently signed up with the Elements, so I thought it would be best to look the part" Rey smiled at her sister, a look of happiness on her face that her new gear had been noticed. It was, after all, a large part of the change that Rey was putting herself through. By joining the Elements she was openly showing the world that she intended on helping Scalvoris and its people, putting her past behind her and working towards a better future.
"I'd love a picnic, that would be incredible" she smiled, having never been on a picnic in her life. While she had heard stories, it was something too picturesque for old Rey'na, and the newer Rey'na had spent most of her time training to try and make up for her mistakes. Luxuries couldn't be afforded while the world had to be saved. Every minute she rested was a minute that she could spend training with her weapon. With Faith, however, it was different. This was her sister, as well as being someone she could learn a lot from. "I'm glad you like them, they weren't cheap to get" the girl chuckled.

"Oh, Faith. You really didn't have to. I understand you're moving soon, but gifts are far from necessary. Meeting you and your...our family, that was enough" she said with a warm smiled, knowing that it was too late. The gift had been bought, and no matter what Rey'na said chances were Faith would buy her it again if she had the chance. That was one of the many things Rey adored about her sister, she was kind-hearted and took care of people as best she could, always.
Then they arrived at the house, Rey'na's eyes widening. "By the seven..." she muttered, looking at what was potentially the most beautiful house she had ever seen. Stunning scenery near the beach, stunning designs. Thoughts of her old house in Rynmere ran through her head, the small cottage she had lived in before, bringing a wide smile to her face. "It's so beautiful."

The girl then turned to look at Faith, still in shock. With hardly any words able to form she wrapped her arms around Faith. "Thank you so much."
word count: 393
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Family Bonding (Faith)

36th Ymiden 718

She'd signed up to the Elements? Faith raised an eyebrow and looked at Rey'na with a broad smile. "That sounds like a good thing to do. There are too many people who complain without acting. It's a good thing to see that not everyone is like that." Faith slipped her arm into Rey'na's and walked with her sister. It was a strange, wonderful thing to think that she was doing that. Walking with her sister somewhere. It delighted Faith in ways which she couldn't really put into words and as such, she didn't say anything and simply hoped that Rey'na understood.

"I know I didn't have to. I wanted to," Faith said as they walked and she frowned slightly as she spoke. "You know, I'm always busy. There are so many things to do, people to save, to feed, things to put right. People to serve." It was a fundamental to Faith, that notion of service. "Padraig, he reminds me that in order to be able to do what I want to do, I need to look after myself too. You need to do that, too. Look after yourself." She was quiet for a moment and then spoke again. "When I'm with you, I feel that same sense of calm and relaxed I do with Padraig. It's a wonderful gift, thank you." Nudging her sister Faith smiled and just walked a while.

And then, they got to the house. Faith watched Rey'na's expression and an overwhelming sense of relief flooded over her. "You like it? Oh, I'm so glad." With a fierce intensity, Faith hugged Rey'na and when she stepped back, there were tears in her eyes. "I need to know that you'll be safe. That means having somewhere safe to live. It's got space for you to train, to relax." So pleased was Faith that the smile on her face made her look like the child she had never been and she held on to Rey'na's hand. "Come on, let's go explore it."

Inside the house there was a lot of light and Faith let Rey'na lead in the exploration. The only thing that she drew her sister's attention to, if she didn't notice it herself was the large picnic basket in the kitchen. It was full of home made food which Faith had created with attention to detail and love in every movement. Next to it was another, smaller box. Faith pointed to it and explained. "It's magical. I have one the same. You put something in it and, exactly one trial later, it appears in mine. Or vice versa. So we can send each other letters and things." She went where Rey'na wanted and didn't push for them to leave the house until Rey'na was happy to. The only other thing on the table was the keys and those, Faith nodded to and smiled.

"I'm not good at expressing emotions. But when I held my children for the first time, I loved them. Completely." She had no issues with telling her babies how much she adored them or how clever they were. "It is a different thing, I know. But I felt that immediate love when I met you." Looking at Rey'na Faith nodded to the picnic basket. "I hope you're hungry."
word count: 579
Rey'na
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Family Bonding (Faith)

Rey gave her sister a small smile as she complimented her on joining the Elements, nodding lightly in agreement. "I know many of those people, but never me. Even when my life wasn't down the path I wanted it to be, I was always the one trying my hardest. It's how I changed as much of myself as I could. Giving up never got me anywhere" she smiled a bright, warm smile. It was true, after all, and even if the girl struggled sometimes - she was better.
Rey'na nodded and listened as Faith explained herself, her need to serve and her desire to take care of people. It brought a small smile to her face, for a multitude of reasons. Firstly, Rey had a sister much better than anyone else had on this earth. Someone kind and caring beyond comprehension for most, so willing to fight the world. It wasn't that she had no fear, Rey knew. But she was unwilling to let that fear dictate her. At least, that's what Rey'na saw. Secondly, though, she understood. Rey had served her entire life, albeit in a different context. "Well, my sister. I can't tell you how appreciated it is."

Rey held her sister quietly for a trill, letting their embrace last with nothing but the warmth the two shared between one another. Finally she let her sister go, gripping Faith's hand and nodding to go and explore. "This please is beautiful, I...Faith" Rey muttered as she walked in to the house with her sister. "Nobody in my life has given me so much, cared for me so much. In the short time I've spent since I found you, you've given me more love and care than any other on Idalos."
For the most part, that was true. Only one other had given her so much, and that one other was the Immortal that led her down such a dark path to begin with. But there was hope for her, and a better day to worry about her too. Right now, this was her time with Faith, her time to feel warm and loved as she always did with the woman. When they looked around the house, Rey trailed her hand along the walls, looking at every room in awe. Her eyes then fell to the same boxes, a picnic basket and a magic box, her eyes wide with awe.

"Oh Faith, it's beautiful. All of it is beautiful. You have given me so much" she said, her gentle eyes looking to the woman after she explained the love she felt for her. Her hands held the key to her chest as she nodded at the idea of food, teary mist covering her gaze as she looked to the woman that had given her everything she now was - her sister.
word count: 481
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Family Bonding (Faith)

36th Ymiden 718

That Rey'na was a woman of action, of getting up and doing was something which Faith greatly admired in her. Standing and hugging her, Faith couldn't help but smile in delight. "People have been so kind to me. I spent a long time thinking that I didn't deserve it, but I understand the pleasure it gives." She looked at Rey'na with a very serious expression and she explained what was very, very true for her. "I'm just so grateful that you came to find me. So very grateful." The emotions Faith was feeling threatened to overwhelm her, though, and she took the time to calm down as she watched Rey'na exploring her new home. A lot of those feelings were relief about Rey'na having somewhere safe, somewhere secure to be. That was important to Faith in ways which she could not easily describe.

Shaking her head, Faith grabbed the basket. "We are going to spend the trial crying and hugging and really, that would be a waste of tears." She smiled at Rey'na and gestured. "A picnic?"

Making sure that everything was locked up and secure, Faith was quite happy to make their way to the beach, where they sat on a blanket which Faith pulled from the hamper. It kept them cool, sitting there. It was a trick of her sewing skill and the two of them could sit in the heat of Ymiden but remain cool. Then, she put the basket between them. "Padraig prefers savory over sweet," she said with a smile. "But I much prefer sweet things. I rather hope that you do, too, sister mine."

Why she hoped that became obvious as she opened the basket. Sweet treats, fruits and cakes, chocolates which were simply astonishing and, somehow, ice cream which did not melt. Faith looked at Rey'na and she grinned. "I figure that, if we had grown up together, we might have sneaked treats into our rooms at night. This can start to make up for that." They had missed so much together, the two of them and Faith was truly regretful of that, but at the same time it wasn't her way to spend her time simply regretting things. There was nothing either of them could do to change things, after all. They had right now, and that was all they had. But in the right now the pair of them could begin the relationship they wanted and build it. After all, they were both ready, both free now of what had held them previously. Faith gave a prayer of thanks to Famula, to Vri, to Moseke and Ymiden for the serious young woman in front of her. Her sister.

"Padraig made the ice cream," she explained with a smile to Rey'na. "He is an alchemist and he has helped me so much." She got a particular look on her face when she spoke of her husband and then, she put it into words. "He sets me free. In every meaning of the phrase." Free to be who she was, to do what she wanted to do. Free to live - to love - to serve and do.

Sitting there, though, on the beach and looking out to sea, Faith was quite content to just spend some time, being here. In the moment. Why she was so content? Because she was here with her sister.
word count: 574
Rey'na
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Family Bonding (Faith)

Rey glanced back to Faith as she said that many people had been kind to her, before saying she was grateful that Rey'na had come to find her. With a small sigh, the young girl took her younger sisters hands, letting her deep blue eyes meet Faith's. "There is nothing for you to be grateful for, my sister. There was no reason in Idalos that would have been good enough to stop me finding you. Because we're family, something that I have wanted to say for many Arcs. That is not something that I need to be thanked for."
Rey nodded at the notion of going for the picnic. She walked alongside Faith to the beach before sitting down on the blanket and looking out to the beautiful sea, painted over with the golden sun that was clear and bright in the sky. A small exhale left her mouth as her eyes took in and memorized every bit of beauty around her, unable to let go of the sight. She had left a place filled with painful memories and sleepless nights only to arrive in a place of warmth, care, and beauty. At that moment she knew she had come far.

"Sweet has always been a preference of mine" she smiled at her sister, looking to the mix of food with a wide smile and eyes filled with hunger. It was like nothing she had ever seen before. In all of her Arcs spent in Rynmere there had been no such food around, even at noble events she found her way in to. "Sneaking treats into my room at night wasn't uncommon, so I have to agree. All of this looks perfect, Faith. By the Immortals, you spoil me. I don't know how I can ever make up for all of this."
"Padraig seems a lovely man, and a lucky one too" she smiled at her sister, wondering if she would ever find the same love. It hadn't been high on her priority list as of late, with the events in Rynmere with Fridgar. But perhaps there would be a day that she could meet the person worth meeting. Until that day, however, her life was far too busy. With joining the elements, learning Abrogation and practicing her fighting every day - Rey had little time on her hands.

And as the day went by the girl found herself laughing and enjoying the company she had. It had been near to an Arc since she had a true friend or someone she could call family, and Faith was both for her. Mixed with Sephira and George, the girl was finally finding a place to be, a true home for her to spend her life. Before it had been hard, with seasons of torture and regret, nightmares that ate her apart every night. But now, those nightmares were slowly becoming dreams of life and love. Rey was finally, after many seasons, relaxed. More importantly, she was finally happy.
word count: 502
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Family Bonding (Faith)

[anchor=OptionFour][/anchor]
Thread Review
Rey'na
  • Skill Points - +15
  • Renown -
  • Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Items and Other Rewards
    1. +1 House from Faith & Padraig
Faith
  • Skill Points - +15
  • Renown - N/A
  • Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Items and Other Rewards
    1. N/A

Final Notes

D'aww this was a sweet thread. I like the slight disconnect from the sisters having been apart, yet the undercurrent of love and friendship is still evident. Faith is a total sweetheart and dork for giving a house under the guise of a harmless picnic. This is my first time reading Rey'na and I like her already, I look forward to seeing how handling the house alone goes. Well done, the both of you.

If you have any questions, please PM me. Also please add the provided stamp to your review request found here and please update your CS with all of this information.

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12064[/img][/center]
word count: 174
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”