• Out of Character • Pricelist Suggestions

If there any issue or bugs seen on the site or happening around the site, please post those issues in this forum to notify an admin of the issues.

Pricelist Suggestions

Postby Faith » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Could we please consider adding "The Raft" - (information here). It's an alternative to bandages and stitches which Padraig & Faith developed in Rharne. It is used in the Order of the Adunih there and on Scalvoris, at the very least. It's clear and is applied in a liquid gel form - it is a waterproof, transparent barrier which dries in to a rubber/ skin like consistency. The ingredients act to both protect from infection and treat any infection already there and, as it is transparent, it allows the medic to observe the wound.

I'd suggest maybe 5gn per pot, which will treat 3 medium wounds? But I'm more or less plucking that number out of the air, happy to have it changed.
"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

Isonomia Faction
Faith
Famula's Champion

Race: Human
Profession: Philanthropist
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 54
Character of the Month (1) Contributor of the Month (1) Story of the Month (1) World Developer (1)
Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
Guild Master (1) Shop Keeper (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1)
Supporter (1) Beta Bot (1) Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1)
Living Legend (1) Ascension (1) Hallowed (1) Pioneer (5)
Hoarder (1) ...ow. (1) First Love (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (2) True Love (1) Married (1) Changed (1)
Starting A Family (1) Shopaholic (1) Scandalous (1) Immortal Lover (1)
Dreamer (1) Party Animal (1) Puppet Master (1) Pen Pal (1)

Pricelist Suggestio

Postby Jedith Skylar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 pm

I'm probably the last person that should be commenting on this, so feel free to ignore what I'm about to write... no seriously, its probably for the best if you do. Anyhow, upon discovering a minor error in Jed's item and amounts accounts, I noticed something about the pricelist, which I'll just mention
Hat (Women's) 10 sn Hat (Men's) 10 sn

Now, given that most items that are ten silver nels are listed as their equivalent 1Gold Nel, I just thought I'd mention it. Not that it really matters.

The ugliest 12 arc old in Idalos.

Mildly useful info
The writer for Jedith is blind, errors are to be expected; he would appreciate it if you'd point them out when you notice them. Also Discord is a total impossibility at present, so PM or talk to him on his journal page, thanks.
Jedith Skylar

Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Player Review
Templates

Pricelist Suggestions

Postby Faith » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 pm

So, following my Carpentry write up (and cos Rumour told me to.... :D :P)

I'd like to suggest the following: (if I've got the prices off kilter, feel free to change)

Wood Turning Lathe - Small - 50gn
Wood Turning Lathe - Medium - 100gn
Wood Turning Lathe - Large - 150gn
"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

Isonomia Faction
Faith
Famula's Champion

Profession: Philanthropist
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 54
Character of the Month (1) Contributor of the Month (1) Story of the Month (1) World Developer (1)
Guild Master (1) Shop Keeper (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1)
Supporter (1) Beta Bot (1) Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1)
Living Legend (1) Ascension (1) Hallowed (1) Pioneer (5)
Hoarder (1) ...ow. (1) First Love (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (2) True Love (1) Married (1) Changed (1)
Starting A Family (1) Shopaholic (1) Scandalous (1) Immortal Lover (1)
Dreamer (1) Party Animal (1) Puppet Master (1) Pen Pal (1)

Pricelist Suggestions

Postby Alistair » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:25 pm

War Frigate
Price: 30000 gn.
Crew: 50.
Passengers: No more than 200.
Information: This ship is specifically developed for power, not speed. It is among the largest of all ship models, and is considered top-of-the-line for the purpose of naval combat, though not privateering, as it is of inferior speed to the Tallship. The War Frigate is armed with over two dozen large-sized crossbow ballista on each side, with their bolts typically oiled and lit with flame before firing. The crew will often throw casks and jars of oil from the main or lower decks, covering enemy ships in the flammable substance before firing a continual flurry of fiery crossbow bolts, triggering violent explosions on the enemy ship. War Frigates are highly durable, though, and can withstand flames for some time before capsizing. Some War Frigates can mount trebuchets for naval city sieges, but they will typically have to sacrifice ballistae to maintain a healthy weight.
Alistair
My imagination is what binds ether.

Profession: Doctor
Renown: +520
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Letters
Medals: 39
Shop Keeper (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1) Alpha Testing (1)
Beta Bot (1) Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1)
Pioneer (1) Hoarder (1) First Love (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (1) Married (1) First Kiss (1) Heartbreaker (1)
Heartbreak (1) Changed (1) Starting A Family (1) Murderer (1)
Shopaholic (1) Scandalous (1) Immortal Lover (1) Party Animal (1)
Keep it in the Family (1) Pen Pal (1) Mailman (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Cheater (1) Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)

Pricelist Suggestions

Postby Maltruism » Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 am

I priced The Raft at - "3gn per dose for large wound, or 4-dose pot for 10gn"

I'd say that equivalent prices for comparable mixing bowls can already be found in the Kitchen Accessories section of the price list.
The Whisk could just be the same as the 1gn for a carving Knife
I'd say the Measuring Cup would only be a little more than a regular cup, say 7sn.
The measuring spoons would be more for having greater variety, the 1gn sounds good to me.

Ice box prices sound good for large and small sizes. But even the small size is not "portable". These are heavy and placed somewhere cool and never moved. They would have either wood or ceramic lining and require plenty of ice, which will need to be replenished seasonally.
I'd say 10gn replacement cost for small, 15gn for large.
There would also be magical and alchemical makes that surpass these basic ones. There are too many sources of unnatural coold to try to list such things. These kind of ice boxes will have to be made in threads, with the costs considered IC.

Duncan's "Caravan" request is, I assume, referring to the standard sort of functional, unadorned, but reinforced and sturdy wagon used in a caravan. With large and small wagons being listed in "Farming Equipment" for 30 & 60gn, but undoubtedly being very plain, comparatively small, and not made for long treks across any terrain, I'd say the 1-horse type would be 200gn, being made to accommodate multiple types of cargo. The 2-horse type would be longer and heavier, with a larger capacity, and I'd say 300gn would be likely.
Naturally, richer merchants could decide to spruce theirs up for prestige purposes. Such additional costs will have to be rped, and figured on the fly.

Going off the caravan wagon, I'd say Tristan's suggestion of Carriages should probably start at 400gn, since these ARE meant to be stylish and ornate, and not just functional. Of course, there would be increasing levels of rich ornamentation and innovations in comfort and utility. So I'd say some noble family could easily have an "about-town" carriage pushing 1000gn or more. Some threading may be required to come to price terms on these more expensive versions.

Then I'd say Vambraces and bracers and other more detailed pieces of armor are assumed to be part of the larger assemblages on the price list. If for some reason, a PC needs to purchase something of this type, I'd say figure 10gn for plate, 5gn for chain, and 3gn for leather.

As for quivers, I'd say that arrows granted with the starting packages are assumed to come in a quiver. Additional empty quivers would probably be 5gn - the same as a basic non-torso piece of Leather armor. Now the archer bracer at 3gn, and glove at 2gn seem reasonable, as they are nowhere near as fully enclosing as actual armor pieces. However the Bracer is worn on the hand that holds the bow, and the glove worn on the hand that draws the arrow. So the gauntlet would not be one piece. But I suppose the package of both pieces could be price-broken at 4gn.

The Wood Turning Lathes would be powered by a foot wheel, like a potter's wheel. I think the prices are reasonable.

And Alistair's War Frigate seems as costly as one would expect (though his image shows a few more than 2-dozen ballistae openings on each side ;) )

I think that covers everything but the weapon suggestions. Sorry Bask, that's still on you :lol:
Maltruism
The standard against whom all others are judged.
Storyteller - Rank 4

Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Player Review
Personal Journal
Medals: 23
Contributor of the Month (1) Story of the Month (1) World Developer (1) Painting With Words (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Vlogger Extraordinaire (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1)
Alpha Testing (1) Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (2)
Scandalous (1) Puppet Master (1) Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1)
Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1) King Kong (1)
Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)

Pricelist Suggestions

Postby Pegasus » Wed May 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Suggestion: Discussed with Tyrant in chat when queried by a player.

Piano = 150gn

(RL prices make it roughly equivalent to a large harp but considering tech level we added a bit).
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3

Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 23
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) Story of the Month (1) World Developer (1)
Artíst (1) Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1)
Supporter (1) Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1)
Puppet Master (1) Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1)
Keyboard Monkey (1) King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

Previous

Return to Bugs & Suggestions